LUNDSTRAM | Page 3 | Vital Football

LUNDSTRAM

It's common knowledge that they have the same agent. It's also common knowledge Duffys father was a complete and utter bell end during the calamatous (for Duffy) game of brinksmanship with Wilder. IF the player referred to now is Lundstram and it's odds on then he should have his one year extension triggered then sold for the best fee possible if acceptable long term renewal terms cannot be agreed. Berge is probably his successor so whilst I have huge admiration for the way Lundstram has kept his head down and been exemplary in dedicating himself to reaching the standards he set from August he can't (or his agent can't) hold the club to ransom and expect Wilder to capitulate.
One final point. Lundstram shone in a midfield 3. He was woeful in a 4. That may severely limit his options going forward, add to that the arse has just fallen out of football finances so any agent playing silly bollocks is even more of a leeching moron than usual, and I never thought that possible.

CW went on record saying every player is replacable and he won't hesitate to do so if they play silly buggers - also said he'd pull deals on offer. Fleck and Enda signed their deals soon after.

Lundstram's had a better season than I imagined and chipped in with key goals, but he's still capable of putting in terrible showings like he did at the Madejski. I don't know the details of the contract on offer, CW described the deals as 'looking after the lads', so I imagine it's a tidy amount. Football's in a precarious state right now, there's going to be a lot of pros finding themselves in the dole queue, whoever is advising Lundstram needs to tell him to sign up PDQ.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me unless another club/agent has got to him. Maybe the likes of Everton. I expect that he’s one of our lower earners because of his background but let’s face it he came from the lower leagues and up until this season he’s failed to get anywhere close to regular first team football. I assume we’ll now have offered him a fair enough package in line with the other players though so surely he doesn’t think he’s worth seriously more than the lads who’ve agreed to sign? After all he‘s only really shined for a couple of months out of 3 years?

Maybe people are putting 2+2 together because of them both being scousers but it does seem very much like the Duffy saga even accepting his was more about length of contract. Let’s hope it ends better for him, I doubt Chris will want him around next season if he’s still undecided even with the extension option.

The rumours have been there for quite some time that he was offered a contract extension and a new deal. Unless I missed it there hasn't been an announcement about his new contract. I would be surprised and a bit disappointed but I expect 2+2 = 4 in this case.

In this ever changing world I think any player pushing it in contract talks is on dodgy ground. What will be the new normal with wages and transfer fees? Who knows?

What is certain is that there'll be little, if any. sympathy or support from the general public when someone currently as irrelevant as a sportsman starts making what will be seen as OTT demands about pay and contracts.

Clubs, regardless of league or position, will see this as an opportunity to try to rein back the previous excesses and, whilst no one can blame any player for taking what's been on offer in the past, they, and their agents need to wise up quickly.

if lunny dosnt sign ,hes a complete and utter fool. wish him all the best but what a fuckin idiot

Don't blame Lunny for trying. He's done brilliantly for us this season, having had to wait so long for a chance.

It must have been a killer for him watching Berge arrive, on presumably higher wages, and walk straight into the team.

Also, I suspect he is on lower wages than others bought when we were in the Championship.

So interested to see what happens, but wouldn't blame him for moving on.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me unless another club/agent has got to him. Maybe the likes of Everton. I expect that he’s one of our lower earners because of his background but let’s face it he came from the lower leagues and up until this season he’s failed to get anywhere close to regular first team football. I assume we’ll now have offered him a fair enough package in line with the other players though so surely he doesn’t think he’s worth seriously more than the lads who’ve agreed to sign? After all he‘s only really shined for a couple of months out of 3 years?

Maybe people are putting 2+2 together because of them both being scousers but it does seem very much like the Duffy saga even accepting his was more about length of contract. Let’s hope it ends better for him, I doubt Chris will want him around next season if he’s still undecided even with the extension option.

We still don't know if it is Lundstram although all evidence suggests it is.

If Lundstram wants the money he will get it being a reserve at any other Premier League club.

Although I agree the club shouldn't be dictated to by players and agents we have to find a way to be able to compete with the others financially, otherwise we will end up losing players we definitely don't want to lose.

I'm not talking about Man Utd, Citeh or Liverpool taking our players, we cant stop that, and can't do anything about it.

But if we remain in a position where Southampton, Palace, Brighton and Watford squad players are earning double what our first team players are earning we will hit trouble sooner rather than later.

More income has to be brought in somehow,

Perhaps the perfect bigger Blades than I on s24su might consider this when moaning about their refunds

I've seen on one of the facebook forums we're not extending Mo Besic's loan and he's goin back to Goodison.I thought he did well for us at times but i'm not suprised if this turns out to be r8.UTMPB

Shame, I liked him too. It's not like we're short of competitive midfielders.

GLTTL

We are if Lundstram goes as well. Besic has gone back. Personally very disappointed. I rate him very highly and would have loved to have seen more of him. Fantastic attitude and human being. Very much hoped we would have snapped him up on a permanent deal.

We are if Lundstram goes as well. Besic has gone back. Personally very disappointed. I rate him very highly and would have loved to have seen more of him. Fantastic attitude and human being. Very much hoped we would have snapped him up on a permanent deal.
Rumour on Yorkshire Live(News now pages)that Mo Besic's agent could be the one St CHRISTOPHER was unhappy with and NOT Lundy's Sean.UTMPB