Lunch today n/g | Vital Football

Lunch today n/g

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Homemade gravadlax open sandwich on sourdough bread, fresh nectarine, cherries, an apple and an apricot (brought back from Ukraine holiday last week) and a glass of excellent Russian champagne.

Bloody heathen, if it's Russian, it ain't champagne (unless of course, Mr Putin has annexed the Champagne region of North Eastern France during the night and Sky news hasn't picked up on it yet😁😁)

Bloody heathen, if it's Russian, it ain't champagne (unless of course, Mr Putin has annexed the Champagne region of North Eastern France during the night and Sky news hasn't picked up on it yet😁😁)
Only Wines Made in Russia Can Be Called Champagne Under New Putin Law. French imports made in Champagne must now be labeled as "sparkling wine" in Russia. ... Bottles of Russian "Champagne" are seen in a small shop in central Moscow on July 3, 2021.6 Jul 2021

Nobby I can promise you that russian champagne is very good from about £6 a bottle. French champagne in Moscow is incredibly expensive. By the way I don’t agree with Putin's law either. In terms of quality I would put good russian champagne at just below French in quality but certainly better than cava or prosecco.

So if I want to celebrate with Elena another Gills/CSKA double what can I do? Today's glass was to celebrate something else.

Quick ham and mustard sandwich and a packet of salt and shake.
Americano tassimo.

Nothing glamorous as I was running late to get down for my second jab. Came home and slept!

PhilK66 - to celebrate something else, don't keep us on tender hooks, please enlighten us ;)
Elena has sorted the loan of five fabulous players from Russia. The bad news is Putin says the greatest team in England will now play all their games in Russia.From now on Gillingham will be called Grozny Our Chairman Mr Paul Scallyrov says this is a fantastic deal for the club .With the support of Mr Putin we can rule the world of football.
Mr Scallyrov was asked about the current season ticket holders. Mr Scallyrov said he was working on a deal for a live broadcast of all games to Priestfield which would be available to purchase from Mr Putin at a extra charge of £50 per game.
Meanwhile Mr Putin has agreed to put a Kebab ,Pizza,Fish n chipy and burger bar on each corner of the ground exclusively for Steve Evans use .It is believed that food sales will increase by 100% in Russia from the day Mr Evans arrives .
Meanwhile Elena's signings mean she has now been appointed director of football and the food outlets in another major move by the Scallyrov Putin partnership.

Last edited:
It’s probably from Georgia!

Three Kraft cheese slices and a 7 up after a 6 hour drive, there and back, to collect forgotten meds -plus I’m on the wagon until Monday pm and spent the evening within-laws. You won’t hear me complain though.

Yesterday I had a late lunch of a salad baguette and a couple of pints of beer! Best thing about it was lunch was outside at the Berkhamsted v Hemel Hempstead pre season friendly! Nice when you can enjoy a beer pitch side!

Elena has sorted the loan of five fabulous players from Russia. The bad news is Putin says the greatest team in England will now play all their games in Russia.From now on Gillingham will be called Grozny Our Chairman Mr Paul Scallyrov says this is a fantastic deal for the club .With the support of Mr Putin we can rule the world of football.
Mr Scallyrov was asked about the current season ticket holders. Mr Scallyrov said he was working on a deal for a live broadcast of all games to Priestfield which would be available to purchase from Mr Putin at a extra charge of £50 per game.
Meanwhile Mr Putin has agreed to put a Kebab ,Pizza,Fish n chipy and burger bar on each corner of the ground exclusively for Steve Evans use .It is believed that food sales will increase by 100% in Russia from the day Mr Evans arrives .
Meanwhile Elena's signings mean she has now been appointed director of football and the food outlets in another major move by the Scallyrov Putin partnership.

Bravo Chris 👏

That was very forum-esque.

Lunch today was leftovers from a nice mince and potato casserole we had the other day.

hummus and pitta - too hot for anything else. Stupidly booked my self on station tomorrow morning instead of Tuesday so a nice drive up to Lincoln this evening. Couple of pints by the water will be nice tonight though