Luke O'Neill | Vital Football

Luke O'Neill

NickDay85

Vital Youth Team
According to reports on Twitter (from a Sky Sports News journalist) we've agreed a two year deal with this player after his release from Southend. Don't know much about him, but looking quickly at some southend sites, he's a right winger. I may be wrong on that though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_O%27Neill?wprov=sfla1

25 year old defender, not sure what position in defence, not heard much about him either.

Putting two and two together then.....

He's our new right back, or god forbid, right wing back.

25 year old 6ft defender. 36 appearances with one goal for Southend last season and only 14 appearances the season before. Suggests possible injury prone?

Looks like he was moved to play as a winger last season and subsequently became a bit-part player.

Originally played at right back before last season, so looks like might be able to do both jobs if needed. I guess that would depend on which formation we're likely to play this season.

Yup he's a right back, I think Southend played with 5 on occasion so has played at wing back..(possibly also play right wing? was no. 7 at Southend)
He's made 31 league appearances (36 in all comps) in the last two seasons, 19 as a starter/12 as a sub with 1 goal
Wasn't offered a new deal by Southend

In the EFL Cup it was him that Ehmer collided with, Max was stretched off after I think

Great! We are getting back at JED by taking up his rejects! Maybe he will soon be returning the favour?

Am I missing something here? How is this a JED reject? The bloke is coming from Southend ? not Northampton. Are you still thinking about Zakuani?

Quite right guys, I goofed. Apologies. BTW I loathe that permatanned twit at Southend or is he the Northampton manager?

What day of the week is it and where's my tablets? Nurse!

Southend fan's view of him

"He's alright, was mainly used as a back up right midfielder last season after becoming our 3rd choice right back. Fairly good squad player"

"He is solid won't let you down Won't blow you away"

Lark - 6/6/2017 20:12

Southend fan's view of him

"He's alright, was mainly used as a back up right midfielder last season after becoming our 3rd choice right back. Fairly good squad player"

"He is solid won't let you down Won't blow you away"

Didn't they say that about Duncan Jupp?