Luis Campos | Page 3 | Vital Football

Luis Campos

My take on it is that I've believed for a while that the THFC leadership team is missing pieces. When I last looked, our board has a strong flavour of current and ex accountants and it feels very different from the dream team that John Henry and Fenway has put around Klopp to make them successful. With Liverpool, we don't even see them or know their names. They just work in the background to make the club successful. I sort of feel that's what Campos could be, as compared to Arnesen, Commoli and even Sherwood who wanted to be bigger than the manager themselves. Jose is our main man and everything should fit around him. If he wants Campos, just go get him.

If we get Campos it means Levy is moving toward building a perennial contender. To me it is that simple.

If we get Campos it means Levy is moving toward building a perennial contender. To me it is that simple.

If we get Campos, which seems rather impossible at this moment, it means Levy and Co will seek to increase their profit from the club by buying players with a reselling value.
Knowing the way they have run the club for twenty years, to me it is that simple.

I didnt understand what passive support was and didnt get a very good answer.

Let's finish here because we are out of topic.

Yes what you mention in your post are part of what active support means to your club.

Support for the club means also to concern about the owners of the club and their intentions and priorities after they have run the club for twenty years!!
Twenty years is a very long time for a big and popular club like Spurs not to achieve glory on the field except an English League cup!

In such a case there is also active and passive support to the club.
Passive support means that you accept without protesting that Spurs have not won a title or a major trophy all that period only because their owners have proved that they don't have as their priority to strengthen the squad at the right moment with appropriate players in order to win silverware.

Active support means to join your voice and participate in other efforts to push out of the Spurs that kind of owners in order to give the club the opportunity and the possibility to get new owners who are ambitious with winning titles and trophies on the field and they have the financial and managerial capacity and ability to achieve that.
It is exactly what happens with every other big and popular football club that wins titles and trophies!

Also to join your voice with those supporters who don't want Spurs to be in the shadow of other similar clubs like Arse, Chelsea, Manchester City concerning major domestic and international successes on the field only because of their owners.

I believe Spurs deserve better owners!

"Active support means to join your voice and participate in other efforts to push out of the Spurs that kind of owners in order to give the club the opportunity and the possibility to get new owners who are ambitious with winning titles and trophies on the field and they have the financial and managerial capacity and ability to achieve that. "

Some know better to piss in the wind, and just get it all back in the their own faces.

But I accept if you can find a country oil sheik or a multi multi billionaire who wants to spend 2.5 billion in cash like the Russian gangsta for example, that some would be quite proud of having that type of owner. Can't say I would. Or you could have one of the 17 owners who all virtually bankrupt their clubs and themselves and ran as fast as their empty pockets could take them.

Of course there is always Fenway, who remain the exception that proves the rule.

Bottom line, is it's easy to spend other peoples money.

"Active support means to join your voice and participate in other efforts to push out of the Spurs that kind of owners in order to give the club the opportunity and the possibility to get new owners who are ambitious with winning titles and trophies on the field and they have the financial and managerial capacity and ability to achieve that. "

Some know better to piss in the wind, and just get it all back in the their own faces.

But I accept if you can find a country oil sheik or a multi multi billionaire who wants to spend 2.5 billion in cash like the Russian gangsta for example, that some would be quite proud of having that type of owner. Can't say I would. Or you could have one of the 17 owners who all virtually bankrupt their clubs and themselves and ran as fast as their empty pockets could take them.

Of course there is always Fenway, who remain the exception that proves the rule.

Bottom line, is it's easy to spend other peoples money.
Spot on here SX.

I hate Liverpool and their beying fans with a passion...arrogant shites who think they should win every decision, every tackle, every game but, despite their passion, they have an ownership that strives for glory as well!

Thats the difference glory generates income ...FFS why can't our owners see that?

Surely they can see that it is a win win...no they can't!

I hate Liverpool and their beying fans with a passion...arrogant shites who think they should win every decision, every tackle, every game but, despite their passion, they have an ownership that strives for glory as well!

Thats the difference glory generates income ...FFS why can't our owners see that?

Michael Edwards works very closely with Klopp. Little senior management in the way of that relationship.

And do not forget get the "everyone hates us so feel sorry for me attitude" then add me me me.