LUFC Former Leeds Manager Jimmy Armfield Dies Aged 82

G

Jimmy Armfield dies after long battle with cancer.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?518726">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Oyper

Vital Squad Member
One of my favourite managers when I was younger, just playing a clip on radio Leeds , with Jimmy saying ,lose control lose discipline lose game ,very poignant regarding Saturday's game, RIP,

Oyper

Vital Squad Member
One of my favourite managers when I was younger, just playing a clip on radio Leeds , with Jimmy saying ,lose control lose discipline lose game ,very poignant regarding Saturday's game, RIP,

SimonTVW

Vital 1st Team Regular
I'll miss listening to him on the radio. Great knowledge and insight. They don't make them like him anymore. A footballing gent.

erni

Vital Football Legend
A real footballing man who brought in a lot of flair players who were great to watch but never brought in that steel that would have made the team more solid. I liked him and I liked watching his teams and to have Jimmy Adamson after him was a big downer. His type of man and manager are gone forever.

1972Glory

Vital Squad Member
He was a pleasure to listen to on the radio and a real gentlemen. With the departure of Clough, it was left to JA to try and rebuild the squad, which was never going to be easy but he had a decent go at it. Although he,like the rest of us, must have felt cheated that night in Paris, he remained dignified. To my mind he was a similar person to Bobby Robson.