Lucas Moura - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Lucas Moura - Player Thread

He started the game pretty well today. He demanded the ball and stretched their defence. Same old Lucas though. The opposition soon got used to him and figured out how to negate him because of his predictable play. He was powerless to stop them as they got tighter to him as the game went on. He doesn't seem to be able to use his brain to solve for that, let alone his defensive switching off.

We need much better.

I'm not going overboard on Moura just yet. He needs to sustain this form over a longer period to justify the accolades that are coming his way. And against Arsenal and Villa, I didn't think he was impactful in the first 45 minutes of either of those games.

Nonetheless, in the last couple of weeks he really has added some substance to his energy. And he seems to be flourishing in the slightly deeper role behind the front three. It certainly give him space to use his pace. And the thing I really like about him is that he's nearly always looking to be positive in possession. In this form he must be a nightmare for defenders to defend against.

I'm not going overboard on Moura just yet. He needs to sustain this form over a longer period to justify the accolades that are coming his way. And against Arsenal and Villa, I didn't think he was impactful in the first 45 minutes of either of those games.

Nonetheless, in the last couple of weeks he really has added some substance to his energy. And he seems to be flourishing in the slightly deeper role behind the front three. It certainly give him space to use his pace. And the thing I really like about him is that he's nearly always looking to be positive in possession. In this form he must be a nightmare for defenders to defend against.

In another thread I asked when his contract was up .

Remember he was immense in the CL semi final and Poch kicked him in the teeth by not playing him from the start in the final. Yet he comes back time and again trying hard ...yes he has off days and headless chicken days but most players do. He is a loyal servant to us and even when dropped he comes back fighting just like Lamela. They dont sulk like many in our squad when left out. Wish we had more with his professional mindset.. Albeit I know not what goes on on the dressing room.

Last edited:
He is teaching me the power of a player needing a coach to allow him to play. In a rigid system he is almost useless. He cannot be relied upon to maintain possessin. His passing is sporadic, his danger is quite poor.

Then you give him a bit of freedom and he becomes the unpredictable forward player teams hate. He becomes our Eden Hazard. He becomes an attacker who makes oppertunities, dragging oppo all over the place. His press is amazing, his defending so valuable.

Its weird but his unpredictable nature helps give the team structure. I give JM credit and critique in equal proportions for this. It scares me how many others are sinking under his tuition (Hojbjerg)

I would keep as a squad player for the short term but let's cut the crap he is just another player in the squad that isn't the level required.

What do you want? The odd CL/Europa run or actually win titles?

Remember he got us to the CL final only to be dropped like a piece of shit in favour of an unfit Harry.

He has never let that get him down and he has remained loyal and he is now getting his due praise for super efforts and commitment in all the pre season games and today of course.

He will flourish under Nuno!

Well done Lucas for your loyalty...others in that CL position would have fcuked off.

Remember he got us to the CL final only to be dropped like a piece of shit in favour of an unfit Harry.

He has never let that get him down and he has remained loyal and he is now getting his due praise for super efforts and commitment in all the pre season games and today of course.

He will flourish under Nuno!

Well done Lucas for your loyalty...others in that CL position would have fcuked off.
This 100%! Well said Greavsie.