Lucas Moura - Player Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Lucas Moura - Player Thread

Same here. Guys like that that never quit are the life blood of any really balanced squad.

I have been preaching this for years....our team is imbalanced due to not having ENOUGH of players like Lucas.

Every great team has a core of blue collar hard working players. They don't get the spotlight most of the time, but make no mistake...they are the fundamental reason these teams are great.

These players are consistently solid and stable players. We have WAY TOO FEW of players like this.

In my humble opinion, this is the reason we haven't taken the next step. We are too eratic, too inconsistent, too unstable.

I have been preaching this for years....our team is imbalanced due to not having ENOUGH of players like Lucas.

Every great team has a core of blue collar hard working players. They don't get the spotlight most of the time, but make no mistake...they are the fundamental reason these teams are great.

These players are consistently solid and stable players. We have WAY TOO FEW of players like this.

In my humble opinion, this is the reason we haven't taken the next step. We are too eratic, too inconsistent, too unstable.

Dont' agree. Great teams have players like Moura making up the numbers and on the periphery of the squad. Quite often they're the homegrown quota. Great teams have players with Moura's attitude and ethic, but with way more talent. We had that when we got 86 points in a Prem league season. With players like Moura, we've been hovering around the 60 mark.

Dont' agree. Great teams have players like Moura making up the numbers and on the periphery of the squad. Quite often they're the homegrown quota. Great teams have players with Moura's attitude and ethic, but with way more talent. We had that when we got 86 points in a Prem league season. With players like Moura, we've been hovering around the 60 mark.

Mutt, you and agree on a TON...but on this I think we are at odds or at least somewhere in the middle...

I think Lucas has enough talent...as did Lamela (dear Lord Rich is going to kill me)...I don't think the problem was ever them.

Can they be better...absolutely. But they are limited by the lack of talent and heart around them. Kane...Berg...Winks...Serge...PEH...Sanchez...Dier (though he is better of late)...Reggie.......I can go on and on.

We have a squad of largely average players with no heart. (Kane was great and may be again if he ever finds his heart again...don't think it will be with us)

I back Conte 100%...now I just hope he will stick around long enough to bring in his players.

Just my opinion is all.

Moura is an asset. I'm not aware of many who would say otherwise, if anything it's his lack of consistency that perplexes some. If anybody can improve this it's most definitely Conte. Only time will tell if he can improve his stats but for me the most pressing thing atm is whether he can get a tune out of Harry who seems to have had a major drop in confidence. His form has been shocking this season.

Mutt, you and agree on a TON...but on this I think we are at odds or at least somewhere in the middle...

I think Lucas has enough talent...as did Lamela (dear Lord Rich is going to kill me)...I don't think the problem was ever them.

Can they be better...absolutely. But they are limited by the lack of talent and heart around them. Kane...Berg...Winks...Serge...PEH...Sanchez...Dier (though he is better of late)...Reggie.......I can go on and on.

We have a squad of largely average players with no heart. (Kane was great and may be again if he ever finds his heart again...don't think it will be with us)

I back Conte 100%...now I just hope he will stick around long enough to bring in his players.

Just my opinion is all.

Isn't it nice to healthily disagree? What we often all discuss is like a modern version of Wizard of Oz where we have to send our players down a yellow brick road to get hearts, bravery and a football brain. They're all missing something.

Worth remembering Lucas has 18 months left on his contract and is 29. What happens when he comes knocking on Levy's door in the summer for £180k per week and a new 4 year deal? When he reminds Levy that Tanguy is one of the highest paid players at the club, yet he is the one keeping him out of the first eleven?

That's when I'm offering him a 2 year deal on £80k per week, take it or leave it.

Moura is an asset. I'm not aware of many who would say otherwise, if anything it's his lack of consistency that perplexes some. If anybody can improve this it's most definitely Conte. Only time will tell if he can improve his stats but for me the most pressing thing atm is whether he can get a tune out of Harry who seems to have had a major drop in confidence. His form has been shocking this season.

Which of course doesn't help Moura's stats.

Isn't it nice to healthily disagree? What we often all discuss is like a modern version of Wizard of Oz where we have to send our players down a yellow brick road to get hearts, bravery and a football brain. They're all missing something.

Worth remembering Lucas has 18 months left on his contract and is 29. What happens when he comes knocking on Levy's door in the summer for £180k per week and a new 4 year deal? When he reminds Levy that Tanguy is one of the highest paid players at the club, yet he is the one keeping him out of the first eleven?

That's when I'm offering him a 2 year deal on £80k per week, take it or leave it.

Yep I agree!