Lubala | Vital Football

Lubala

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Bez Lubala unavailable for Blackpool due to 'club matter'
Bez Lubala is currently unavailable for Blackpool due to a “club matter”.

The 23-year-old hasn’t featured for the Seasiders since the start of February, while his last start came in the 5-0 win against Wigan Athletic in January.

The winger, signed from Crawley Town for an undisclosed fee during the summer, hasn’t even been named among the substitutes in recent weeks.

That’s despite Pool’s injury crisis leaving Neil Critchley with no choice but to name youngsters Rob Apter, Ewan Bange and Brad Holmes on the bench.
His unexplained absence has prompted Blackpool supporters to question why a player of his calibre can’t even make the match-day squads.
“Bez isn’t available at the moment,” Pool’s head coach told The Gazette.
“It’s a club matter and I can’t elaborate on that I’m afraid, that’s it.”

QVNIMTE5OTU4MTEy.jpg
Lubala has been missing from Blackpool's match-day squads in recent weeks
When asked by The Gazette if the issue will keep Lubala out for the remainder of the season, Critchley replied: “I can’t say unfortunately. It’s just a club matter.
“I can’t elaborate, but he’s not going to be available.”
Lubala has made 20 appearances for the Seasiders this season, but has yet to find the back of the net.

I had hoped he would be an X factor player. No goals in 20 suggests my hopes were ill founded.

I had hoped he would be an X factor player. No goals in 20 suggests my hopes were ill founded.

Only 5 starts in the league though (+7 sub appearances)

I thought he'd started to show glimpses in his last few performances, the Wigan match in particular. He's obviously fallen out with somebody because he'd have at least been on the bench during this injury-hit run.

In Oz they'd say "a serious breach of protocol".
By that they mean that he only had 10 beers instead of the allocated 12..

Appears he's pissed off, I can't say I blame him. Why buy him in the first place ? Too many cooks maybe? Or he's not a scouse ?

Last edited:
I'll preface this post by making clear it's complete speculation on my part...

Yesterday (I think, could have been the day before!) The Gazette published some quotes from NC saying how Anderson has recovered from his surgery much quicker than expected and that he is due 'back out on the grass' next week and could well play again before the end of the season.

As I posted in the 'Released/Retained' thread at the end of the transfer window in January, we had one free squad space available (two if Anderson was de-registered, which he seemingly hasn't been).

However, it was subsequently revealed that we'd registered Jack Sims as a non U21 player as a way of avoiding having to have a player developed in our youth academy on the bench. That left us with 0 free squad spots.

On the 26th February we then signed Stuart Moore as a backup keeper until the end of the season. Moore joined as a free agent (you can sign them outside of transfer windows as we've seen previously), but being 26 years old would require registering in a 22 man squad that had no free spaces. So someone must have been de-registered for him.

Now, it's not Sims that has been de-registered because we've had no youth teams players (or players developed in our youth team) on the bench for the following games since 26th February: Crewe, AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons and Fleetwood.

Moore also signed before Virtue and CJ were crocked for the season, so they've not been de-registered. So who could it be? Well the evidence does point to Bez...

Although Bez's last appearance for us was an 8 minute cameo v Ipswich on February 6th, he was an unused sub v Rochdale on the 16th February and v Portsmouth on the 20th February. He then disappeared from match day squads from the Charlton game onwards. When was the Charlton game? 27th February, the day after Moore signed. Bez hasn't appeared in a match day squad since.

And to pre-empt a question I'll probably get asked, I suspect the rules state if you sign a free agent outside of a transfer window you have the option of de-registering a player to make way for them (but you don't then get the option of re-registering a player if someone gets ruled out through injury).

Oooh that's clever. Can you explain what's going on with "Line of Duty" because that's confusing me and all that CHIS

Think the person you need to ask about that is Ian CHISnall. He's definitely got something to do with it.

Think the person you need to ask about that is Ian CHISnall. He's definitely got something to do with it.

:clap::grinning:

It does make me smile, all the CHIS talk on that show, and I've only ever watched 2 episodes - the last 2.
CHIS's are registered. never seen more than a handful in 30yrs and I've never been short of 'information'.

Yesterday (I think, could have been the day before!) The Gazette published some quotes from NC saying how Anderson has recovered from his surgery much quicker than expected and that he is due 'back out on the grass' next week and could well play again before the end of the season.

As I posted in the 'Released/Retained' thread at the end of the transfer window in January, we had one free squad space available (two if Anderson was de-registered, which he seemingly hasn't been).

However, it was subsequently revealed that we'd registered Jack Sims as a non U21 player as a way of avoiding having to have a player developed in our youth academy on the bench. That left us with 0 free squad spots.

On the 26th February we then signed Stuart Moore as a backup keeper until the end of the season. Moore joined as a free agent (you can sign them outside of transfer windows as we've seen previously), but being 26 years old would require registering in a 22 man squad that had no free spaces. So someone must have been de-registered for him.

Now, it's not Sims that has been de-registered because we've had no youth teams players (or players developed in our youth team) on the bench for the following games since 26th February: Crewe, AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons and Fleetwood.

Moore also signed before Virtue and CJ were crocked for the season, so they've not been de-registered. So who could it be? Well the evidence does point to Bez...

Although Bez's last appearance for us was an 8 minute cameo v Ipswich on February 6th, he was an unused sub v Rochdale on the 16th February and v Portsmouth on the 20th February. He then disappeared from match day squads from the Charlton game onwards. When was the Charlton game? 27th February, the day after Moore signed. Bez hasn't appeared in a match day squad since.

And to pre-empt a question I'll probably get asked, I suspect the rules state if you sign a free agent outside of a transfer window you have the option of de-registering a player to make way for them (but you don't then get the option of re-registering a player if someone gets ruled out through injury).

Makes sense,
Shame, cus given a real chance, I thought he may have come good. Showed promise at times, just not given enough time imho.

Interesting theory. I've obviously missed something but I did have it as 21 seniors including Anderson, Bez, Moore and Sims +4 U21 loans and 7x U21s on the books. Maybe 22 if Gabriel is included because of his age.

Seniors (21)
Keshi Anderson
Kenny Dougall
Marvin Ekpiteta
Luke Garbutt
Dan Gretarsson
CJ Hamilton
James Husband
Sullay Kaikai
Bez Lubula
Gary Madine
Chris Maxwell
Demi Mitchell
Stuart Moore
Ethan Robson
Jack Sims
Kevin Stewart
Jordan Thorniley
Ollie Turton
Matty Virtue
Grant Ward
Jerry Yates

U21s (7)
Cam Antwi
Rob Apter
Ewan Bange
Alex Fojticek
Brad Holmes
Luke Mariette
Nathan Shaw

U21 loans (4)
Dan Ballard
Elliot Embleton
Jordan Gabriel
Ellis Simms

So I couldn't see why NC would be cagey with his words, saying it's a club matter that he can't elaborate on, unless they're pulling a fast one in some way. You'd just say it's a squad planning thing (if it is) but he's making it sound like Bez has found out where the bodies are buried there.

My initial thought was he's either done something silly BCD or if he exceeds a certain number of appearances (exactly 20 in all comps so far) then they've got to pay a % to Crawley. And maybe don't want to if they plan to move him on in the summer.

We'll know if he comes back into the equation in future. It's a shame for the lad if he's mentally and physically ready to play, but is being held back at our convenience, that they can't find a way to get him a loan out to non league so at least he's doing something.

Interesting theory. I've obviously missed something but I did have it as 21 seniors including Anderson, Bez, Moore and Sims +4 U21 loans and 7x U21s on the books. Maybe 22 if Gabriel is included because of his age.

Seniors (21)
Keshi Anderson
Kenny Dougall
Marvin Ekpiteta
Luke Garbutt
Dan Gretarsson
CJ Hamilton
James Husband
Sullay Kaikai
Bez Lubula
Gary Madine
Chris Maxwell
Demi Mitchell
Stuart Moore
Ethan Robson
Jack Sims
Kevin Stewart
Jordan Thorniley
Ollie Turton
Matty Virtue
Grant Ward
Jerry Yates

U21s (7)
Cam Antwi
Rob Apter
Ewan Bange
Alex Fojticek
Brad Holmes
Luke Mariette
Nathan Shaw

U21 loans (4)
Dan Ballard
Elliot Embleton
Jordan Gabriel
Ellis Simms

So I couldn't see why NC would be cagey with his words, saying it's a club matter that he can't elaborate on, unless they're pulling a fast one in some way. You'd just say it's a squad planning thing (if it is) but he's making it sound like Bez has found out where the bodies are buried there.

My initial thought was he's either done something silly BCD or if he exceeds a certain number of appearances (exactly 20 in all comps so far) then they've got to pay a % to Crawley. And maybe don't want to if they plan to move him on in the summer.

We'll know if he comes back into the equation in future. It's a shame for the lad if he's mentally and physically ready to play, but is being held back at our convenience, that they can't find a way to get him a loan out to non league so at least he's doing something.
Yes mate, you're right: I've made an error and still had Sarkic down as being registered. That leaves us at 22, so clearly not a squad registration matter!

Sounds more like a disciplinary matter to me
Must be IMO.
If he’s been unregistered or held out for contractual reasons surely his agent would have kicked up a fuss from Lubalas side.

the fact it hasn’t means it’s purely disciplinary.