Low gate this Saturday | Vital Football

Low gate this Saturday

Max.Headroom

Vital Reserves Team
Looking at the stadium seat plan on the online ticket page it seems that Saturdays crowd is going to be rather meagre. Have the Gills faithful given up the ghost after only 3 games gone?
Usually the Southend game has a decent crowd, and a really good atmosphere, so either the website has a slight glitch or it's going to be even smaller crowds this year than there were last year.
Still. I will be doing my best to get the singing going at the back of the Rainham end. Doesn't always work though. :21: What do we recon the crowd will be. I'll go for 5,212. Perhaps we could have a prediction league of crowd guesstimates.. :73:

Thought there would be more in attendance for the Bradford game. Seems a lot of folk are unconvinced about Gills prospects. I`d say around 4900 for this Saturday.

Max.Headroom - 22/8/2017 20:48

Looking at the stadium seat plan on the online ticket page it seems that Saturdays crowd is going to be rather meagre. Have the Gills faithful given up the ghost after only 3 games gone?
Usually the Southend game has a decent crowd, and a really good atmosphere, so either the website has a slight glitch or it's going to be even smaller crowds this year than there were last year.
Still. I will be doing my best to get the singing going at the back of the Rainham end. Doesn't always work though. :21: What do we recon the crowd will be. I'll go for 5,212. Perhaps we could have a prediction league of crowd guesstimates.. :73:

Patchy runs a guess the gate prediction league on Gillsdebate

There may be some who won't have had chance to pick up their ST or recieved them in the post. This should be more than made up by the few extra Southend fans that cross the water. 5400.

I think the fact that it is Bank Holiday weekend will also knock a few hundred off of the gate. I am away with the family this weekend, as I imagine a number of regulars are.

Last time we had a home game on a bank holiday August weekend was against Crewe in 2014, and we got just under 5,000 that day.

I didn't know it was a Bank Holiday this weekend! I retired early last year and can't believe that they don't register in my thoughts anymore. I used to be counting down the hours!!

A bit of perspective: the first couple of home games traditionally provide slightly lower crowds. The suggestion is that this is caused by family holidays while schools are closed.

Last season the first home game against Bury produced a crowd of 5,324 (189 away); the second against Swindon a crowd of 5312 (190 away). We saw 6,542 for the Southend fixture but I can't find a figure for the away support. We got 5,267 for our opening game this season against Bradford City (521 away), which compares with 5,079 (377 away) for the same fixture last season.

A bit dull but all that tends to confirm Scally's statement that sales are not much changed. Look at the Bradford fixture and the only real change appears to be an extra 150 of them this time. I'm tipping something over 6,000 for Southend but have no idea whether they are more, or less likely to travel this time out.

I remember those wonderful days back in the 80's when we had some excellent sides under Keith Peacock.

But regularly started the season with crowds around the 3 - 4K mark. And if we weren't in the running for promotion we ended seasons with 2k :21:

Just didnt know what we were missing. rowds over 5k were huuuge.

Although tbf, we occasionally had 10 - 15k for the really big games. Happy days.

As partly mentioned above- it's currently the school holidays and and its a bank holiday weekend.

I'm not likely to make Saturday's game but that's because I'm going to be up through most of the night watching the McGregor/Mayweather fight at my Pam's (we're all chipping-in on his PPV subscription and there's going to be at 6 of us there). And he lives in Glasgow too! :76:

What will worry me is if there are a number of empty seats for the return of the Trainspotters on 16th Sept, which should be fairly obligatory as it's a local-ish game and because we still have get to register our first win against them.

HarrowGill - 23/8/2017 15:25

As partly mentioned above- it's currently the school holidays and and its a bank holiday weekend.

I'm not likely to make Saturday's game but that's because I'm going to be up through most of the night watching the McGregor/Mayweather fight at my Pam's (we're all chipping-in on his PPV subscription and there's going to be at 6 of us there). And he lives in Glasgow too! :76:

What will worry me is if there are a number of empty seats for the return of the Trainspotters on 16th Sept, which should be fairly obligatory as it's a local-ish game and because we still have get to register our first win against them.
I don't think you will get your moneys worth on the Mayweather fight. Can't see McGregor lasting more than a coue of rounds.

How boring! How can you put a 5 minute fight in front of watching the mighty Gills get their first win of the season?