Love Thy Neighbour? Absolutely Not! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Love Thy Neighbour? Absolutely Not!

We had that game against them at Sincil Bank in the late 60s during their demise when we were two up in the first minute an 4-0 ahead after 10. Clive Ford will probably remember that one better than me.

I remember that match well. Didn't Ford also score a hat-trick?

Cathkin Park has fared relatively well in so much as you can still see terracing and it is apparent where the pitch was.....unless it has changed again in the last few years.
Still worth a visit and atmospheric. You can stand on the terraces surrounded by trees . Half the ground is gone but half remains wth a pitch well tendered.

Still worth a visit and atmospheric. You can stand on the terraces surrounded by trees . Half the ground is gone but half remains wth a pitch well tendered.
A very historic ground - before Thirds took it over from Queens Park and renamed it, it was called...(second) Hampden Park.

Be great to see Bradford (Park Avenue) back though it's such an evocative name!

They could struggle to go further as their current home the Horsfall Staduim does not meet NL standards, never mind the EFL's. They could ground share at Odsal which is close by. But, would the RFL be as accommodating as their current landlord the local Council in terms of rent? Given their gates are unlikely to rise significantly even if they were to make it into the NL.

Last edited:
They could struggle to go further as their current home the Horsfall Staduim does not meet NL standards, never mind the EFL's. They could ground share at Odsal which is close by. But, would the RFL be as accommodating as their current landlord the local Council in terms of rent? Given their gates are unlikely to rise significantly even if there were to make it to the NL.

I think their backer who has just taken ownership of the club has a bit of cash and there was some talk of them going to Odsall this season but they opted to stay at Horsfall until if/when they get promoted. I see Odsall is less than a mile away from their current ground.

Would seem a bit odd with only a 1,000 or so rattling around there though. A bit like Gateshead, maybe that's why they opted to stay at Horsfall for now.

Odsall Stadium

1542031044558.png

Would seem a bit odd with only a 1,000 or so rattling around there though. A bit like Gateshead, maybe that's why they opted to stay at Horsfall for now.

Ironically, Horsfall is more of a mini Gateshead, than Odsal but I get your drift.

The Bulls are only averaging circa 3.5k, so it is well under used stadium.

Last edited:
An unusual main stand - it adjoined the cricket ground and had slates on its roof.

The main stand had the World's largest single Welsh slate roof.

Yorkshire Cricket's first team played at PA well into the '80s and the cricket playing surface is still maintained to a very high standard, but unfortunatley there is very little in the way of infratructure left.