Lost one Gained one | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lost one Gained one

Thanks for your kind words it was hard at times.Incedently I used to go for a pint with your namesake Johny King when I was friendly with Billy Sutherland back in the day, Kingy was a real character
They come around so infrequently players like JK.
I suppose Graham Barrow is the nearest we have had since.
Most players tend to be on the poncey side nowadays and are more worried about how they look instead of how they play.

They come around so infrequently players like JK.
I suppose Graham Barrow is the nearest we have had since.
Most players tend to be on the poncey side nowadays and are more worried about how they look instead of how they play.

You can take it from me Johnny King was as hard off the pitch as he was on it. My mate played against him just before he signed from Kirkby Kingy said to him "If you go near the ball I'll snap your effing legs" My mate said it was the only time he was scared on a football field lol

You can take it from me Johnny King was as hard off the pitch as he was on it. My mate played against him just before he signed from Kirkby Kingy said to him "If you go near the ball I'll snap your effing legs" My mate said it was the only time he was scared on a football field lol

What a guy. I remember after he left us an I think he was playing for Altrincham.
Anyway, I remember seeing him blocking the keeper from taking his kick and the keeper must have said something to him.
The next thing, the keeper was on the deck and Kingy was pleading his innocence to the ref after quite clearly kneeing the keeper in his bollox.
The amount of people he head butted on the pitch and got away with because the refs were shit scared of him was laughable.

I think you and True Beliver deserve a free season ticket this year.
Anyone who put themselves through that, week in week out for 49 matches last season deseves a bloody medal as well.
Its not the cost, although £490 is a lot of money, it is the commitment or as some would say, sheer stupidity, such were our performances for much of last season.
Some walk to matches for the cause, some bathe in a bath of beans, but neither are anything in comparison to what the 49'ers club put themselves through.
I could understand if you paid for it but didn't watch, but to watch all the matches as well must have took some doing.
Well done, if I had a hat on I would doff it to you both.

Some games were bad, some were good and some were indifferent but I don’t regret a penny paid or a minute watched !