losing the Love | Page 2 | Vital Football

losing the Love

It's natural for the love of the team to fade when you're so frustrated with the club. We've been in similar positions before and we'll be here again - probably in an even worse state of affairs in the future.

I don't blame anyone who is fed up to the point of wanting to give up going. The narrative will often be thrown that those season ticket holders saying they are walking away at a time like this are poor fans but the flip side can be true they care so much that seeing the club they love struggle that it's too painful to watch for them. At the end of the day Football is meant to be fun / a hobby / an escape - it's entertainment. If you really aren't enjoying it, it's not unreasonable to think you could maybe spend your disposable income and Saturday doing something you'd get more pleasure out of. We all live busy lives and we arent all blessed with lots of free time and spare money so personally I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking they'll give the football a miss and use the Saturday afternoon to take the kids out bowling or meet up with friends or something else if they thought they'd enjoy it more.

But in the past when we've seen it all fall apart there were good spells, moments or seasons after that to get people to regain the love lost. Hopefully this awful spell won't last too much longer and next season likely in L1 will be better.

It may not be for a while yet or under this management with this group of players but I'm sure those losing the love will get it back at some point.

I'm as fed up as anyone with the current situation but I'll be renewing my season ticket as every year is something of a new chapter or a clean(ish) slate. Even if you aren't confident football is a funny game and we all know anything can happen - maybe it will be a pleasant suprise. So after sitting through some of the rubbish we've sat through for so long I certainly wouldn't want to not be there when it turned around and miss the highs to balance out all the lows we are now suffering through. But I understand and respect that some people don't see it the same way.
Good post man made me feel better 👋👋