Looks Like We Mean Business This Time. | Vital Football

Looks Like We Mean Business This Time.

fanforlife

Alert Team
City ready for busy transfer window
1619545674099.png

Daniel Farke has confirmed Norwich City aim to be busy in the summer transfer window, after a £16.2m outlay on Ben Gibson and Dimitris Giannoulis signalled their Premier League intent.
The on-loan duo will officially become part of the Canaries’ top flight bid from July, after promotion triggered buy clauses in their original short-term move

Farke insists City do not plan to stop there – although departures for fringe players is inevitable.
“We want to keep all the best players and add some quality,” he said. “I can't confirm right now that all our players will stay with us.
"We need to add some quality and for that there will be also some outgoings, but it is quite important to keep the core of the team.
"Sometimes it's not always in our hands because we have also some players here on loan and we have to wait for what develops.
“We are definitely much better prepared. But we are self-funded. We can’t spend £100m on the squad. We won't risk the mid and the long term future by doing incredible financial topics.
“I said two years ago we would need a miracle to stay up. That is not what we need this time. We need unbelievable hard work, a great effort and it will still be a huge challenge to stay in this league but I feel as a club, as a group of players, we are much better prepared.”
Sporting director Stuart Webber previously claimed he failed to back Farke, prior to the club's previous top flight tilt. City’s head coach also made it clear the Canaries had to pay for ‘the sins of the past’.

“As head coach, if I would be selfish, the more quality you add the easier my job is. But I think it was definitely the right decision not to risk the future,” he said.
“This will always be our strategy not to risk the future of the club, because it's still not a guarantee that you are allowed to stay on this level, and clubs have done this before.
"After relegation many teams struggle at the wrong end. When I think about Sunderland or Hull, they are not even allowed to play on a Championship level any more.

“We don’t have to invest in the infrastructure, or the academy or to sort our previous financial problems, or to extend the contracts of our young lads. That means we can invest to bring in quality.
"Plus we now have a group who have Premier League experience. This time last season it was Alex Tettey only. We must be spot on in our planning.”

Good news but that is just to keep what we had this season and there is the promise from Smiffs to sell Airons and possibly Buendia which will weaken us from the squad we already have.
I will get excited when we keep the best players we have, remove the average players and sign very good ones ( subject to the lowest budget in league ).

I can only hope that the two policies of ‘ we are a self funded club’ and ‘ we will not risk the future of the club ‘ (see those quotes above) which promptly relegated us last time will not cause the same thing to happen next season . Prudence without ambition still looms large at Smiths Norwich City .....even after all these years

City ready for busy transfer window
View attachment 48042

Daniel Farke has confirmed Norwich City aim to be busy in the summer transfer window, after a £16.2m outlay on Ben Gibson and Dimitris Giannoulis signalled their Premier League intent.
The on-loan duo will officially become part of the Canaries’ top flight bid from July, after promotion triggered buy clauses in their original short-term move

Farke insists City do not plan to stop there – although departures for fringe players is inevitable.
“We want to keep all the best players and add some quality,” he said. “I can't confirm right now that all our players will stay with us.
"We need to add some quality and for that there will be also some outgoings, but it is quite important to keep the core of the team.
"Sometimes it's not always in our hands because we have also some players here on loan and we have to wait for what develops.
“We are definitely much better prepared. But we are self-funded. We can’t spend £100m on the squad. We won't risk the mid and the long term future by doing incredible financial topics.
“I said two years ago we would need a miracle to stay up. That is not what we need this time. We need unbelievable hard work, a great effort and it will still be a huge challenge to stay in this league but I feel as a club, as a group of players, we are much better prepared.”
Sporting director Stuart Webber previously claimed he failed to back Farke, prior to the club's previous top flight tilt. City’s head coach also made it clear the Canaries had to pay for ‘the sins of the past’.

“As head coach, if I would be selfish, the more quality you add the easier my job is. But I think it was definitely the right decision not to risk the future,” he said.
“This will always be our strategy not to risk the future of the club, because it's still not a guarantee that you are allowed to stay on this level, and clubs have done this before.
"After relegation many teams struggle at the wrong end. When I think about Sunderland or Hull, they are not even allowed to play on a Championship level any more.

“We don’t have to invest in the infrastructure, or the academy or to sort our previous financial problems, or to extend the contracts of our young lads. That means we can invest to bring in quality.
"Plus we now have a group who have Premier League experience. This time last season it was Alex Tettey only. We must be spot on in our planning.”
As I have intonated on here before, I don't believe that we will keep hold of Max, Todd, Emi or Teemu but could receive £120m for their services. As long as the total amount is then respent on quality replacements (especially if Oli Skipp does not return).

CK.
I am sure they will only spend a max of 25 % of any income for selling best players on their replacements.
I am convinced our squad will be weaker next season than it is right now ( allowing for on loan players this season already being here as part of the squad ).

My fear
CK.
I am sure they will only spend a max of 25 % of any income for selling best players on their replacements.
I am convinced our squad will be weaker next season than it is right now ( allowing for on loan players this season already being here as part of the squad ).
My fear, is that you are right DG

Good news but that is just to keep what we had this season and there is the promise from Smiffs to sell Airons and possibly Buendia which will weaken us from the squad we already have.
I will get excited when we keep the best players we have, remove the average players and sign very good ones ( subject to the lowest budget in league ).

I agree.

Gibson and GI are funded by the sale of Godfrey and Lewis.

Its quite likely we will sign 3 or 4 permanent first team squad players but as DG. points out its likely that we are selling Airons.