Looking like us v Fulham. | Vital Football

Looking like us v Fulham.

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
Be nice if Burton could take a point at Preston next week to stay up. Beyond that, not counting any chickens, but if we can’t beat Barnsley we don’t deserve to make the play offs and with Cardiff at home to Reading it looks like we’ll be meeting Fulham in the semis. :eek:

Personally I’m glad Millwall are out of it. I’m sure not all their fans are ‘orrible but they never fail to live up to expectation whenever they’re involved in a big match. Good riddance imo.

Yes you have to worry about this one they will have to attack us A point is no good to them that should help us but you can never be sure with us I really thought Brentford would beat them so they can't be mugs

If we draw and PNE beat Burton by 10 or more goals.......
If we lose and PNE beat Burton 1-0......

.... the season is over

As I said...if we can’t beat Barnsley at home when we know exactly what is at stake then we deserve to progress no further.
The last two matches have provided a momentum that wasn’t there when we played Reading in 2015 and I’m confident we’ll finish 6th...beyond that...I fear that the two legs in relatively quick succession especially, as seems likely, against Fulham will find us out.

Yes you have to worry about this one they will have to attack us A point is no good to them that should help us but you can never be sure with us I really thought Brentford would beat them so they can't be mugs

One point could be enough for Barnsley if Bolton are losing and Burton are say 3-0 down, then the last 15 minutes could be like that Austria v Germany game in the World Cup with both sides happy with a point and time being played out

One point could be enough for Barnsley if Bolton are losing and Burton are say 3-0 down, then the last 15 minutes could be like that Austria v Germany game in the World Cup with both sides happy with a point and time being played out

The accountant cometh...forgotten about the Bolton factor. Given the opposition they must have a nailed on three points. ;)

Unbelievable season for Reading Playoff final last May only losing on penalties and with still the possibility of going down But that's the Championship all over

Got the same sort of feel as 2005 for me...when we met PNE in the playoffs. Glad to get there but not much expectation of going any further.
Thirteen years! Where did that go...and Tom Huddlestone played for us in those playoffs too!

Roger a lot of iffs and buts there I think Barnsley are a far better team than their position dictates Brentford are a very good side in great form and unlucky not to be in the playoffs so that must have been some display by Barnsley

Unbelievable season for Reading Playoff final last May only losing on penalties and with still the possibility of going down But that's the Championship all over

I wonder how many Reading fans last season, were saying that they weren't ready for promotion and it would be best to wait another year. Just shows, you should take your chance when it comes.

I hope we make the play offs and win the golden ticket but I still think the top 3 should go up. Fulham are 17 points ahead of us and it's extremely difficult to accumulate 17 points in this division.

I know it's an exciting part of the year but when a club puts in a lot of effort and graft throughout the season and accumulates the extra points needed they should be the team to go up! It must really be a smack in the chops when another team who has under achieved get there instead of you because they've won the next three games on the bounce!

I agree with that but also understand the reasons for having the playoffs. It keeps the season alive for longer for more teams.

Here in the Netherlands only the bottom club gets relegated automatically. The 2 clubs above them join 6 clubs from the League below in 2 Leagues of 4, playing each other just the once. Top 2 from each League then "qualify" for a "final", top of A versus 2nd of B and vice versa, home and away.

I think the play offs should be 6th plays away to 5th, winner away to 4th and the winner of that plays the 3rd at Wembley.

Wouldn't that give the 5th and 6th an advantage over 4 and the winner out of those 3 against the 3rd? 3rd place team will have had between 2 and 3 weeks rest which might be seen as an advantage but they won't still be in any groove they might have been in prior to the Final....... whereas their opponents in the Final will still be very much "match fit"

Wouldn't that give the 5th and 6th an advantage over 4 and the winner out of those 3 against the 3rd? 3rd place team will have had between 2 and 3 weeks rest which might be seen as an advantage but they won't still be in any groove they might have been in prior to the Final....... whereas their opponents in the Final will still be very much "match fit"

I think that I would take the certainty of the Wembley Appearance every time and no risk of injuries or suspensions at the end of a long season.

Cardiff and Fulham must be bricking it that they may get turned over by us or Preston who have finished a Country mile behind them.

Latest Rams News