Looking for Some Stats | Vital Football

Looking for Some Stats

Snats

Vital 1st Team Regular
Does anyone know a good place online where I can find statistics (starting XI, goalscorers) about Lincoln games from years gone by? Looking for details relating to two specific friendlies:

Lincoln 2-7 Leicester (26/07/1999)
Lincoln 1-2 Watford (05/08/2007)

Thanks.

You are going to struggle with this. Even local newspapers will not have carried a full report on these games, and perhaps only mentioned them in passing. The Echo is the obvious source as far as we are concerned, but the online archive disappeared from public view when they changed their website last year. I needed some information on a couple of friendlies from the 2011 - 2017 period when I was writing Six Years In Purgatory, but not even Mark Whiley had anything on them.

City have changed their own website at least twice in that time, so public records will have been lost likewise.

I can tell you the attendance against a very young Watford side was 1,239 - that included a certain Graham Taylor. Ewan Clarke put Watford ahead after 25 minutes, and Steve Kabba added a second on 33 minutes. Ollie Ryan pulled one back on 68 minutes. Watford fielded a weakened side because they had played Willem II the previous day (Saturday).

Peter Gain and Paul Smith scored our goals against Leicester in a one-way contest. Muzzy Izzet got a hat-trick, Emile Heskey got two, with Ian Marshall and Stuart Campbell getting the others for Leicester. I haven't got an attendance for this one.