Look man. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Look man.

Does anyone else feel Lundstram is now an albatross? I thought he was garbage until we hit the prem. Then appreciated how much he contributed until he lost it. Seems very hit and miss now. Slow,uncaring,sloppy and happy to get a yellow card.
We can't afford a single passenger for one minute. I so wanted Lunny to kick on. Seems he's coasting to me.
Lundstrum is just not good enough. We should move him out ASAP, get Steve Gerrard on the blower.

Does anyone else feel Lundstram is now an albatross? I thought he was garbage until we hit the prem. Then appreciated how much he contributed until he lost it. Seems very hit and miss now. Slow,uncaring,sloppy and happy to get a yellow card.
We can't afford a single passenger for one minute. I so wanted Lunny to kick on. Seems he's coasting to me.

I think it's just a case of a player regressing to the mean. Lundstram's game is mixed, he does get forward in good positions and for spells offers drive to kickstart some attacking motion, but often the final ball is missing and there's a general sloppiness and lethargy about his play when we're not in possession. The yellow he picked up was just ridiculous.

His fitness seems a long way off where it was at this stage last season, his race is run after 60 or so minutes. I also noticed he didn't congratulate Berge after the penalty, might be reading something into nothing, but you do wonder if there's a rift there.

Liked the kid when he broke onto the scene with Neverton and Ingerland U x,y and z. Loved his open approach in taking a leap going to Red Bull.

Fulham pulled a blinder getting him on loan which leads me to ....

He would have been absolutely perfect for us.
1. Solves the pace up front issue, (yes I know we've got Burke)
2. Can drift past defenders and go for goal. ( See his outstanding one last week).
3. Tracks back and tackles like Osborne.
4. Prem and Bundesliga experience.
5. Very creative at link up.

We could have got him on loan and saved a kings ransom on Brewster to get the RCM/ LCB we so desperately need.

I keep hearing from various sources we are after Brooks in Jan. More I think about it the more I think it would be a crazy,kamikazie waste of money and actually seal our fate.

Great effort last night. Fine margins but yet again. YOU HAVE TO PUT AWAY YOUR CHANCES OR YOU LOSE AND GO DOWN.
dont talk sense i got rod bladey blade all over me for suggesting theres better talent out there at the moment than what we,ve spent money on but hey ho super scout here knows fuck all lol

jesus fucking christ i wa saying this the other day and getting pulled to pieces ,going on about time machines and all sorts na its all you lot fuckin saying it hahahahhahaahahahah quality

na then rod now this lot are repeating what isaid a couple of days ago are you gonna set them staright blaedy blade and accuse them all of saying breswter is no good . fucking laughable really is

If shopping at Aldi , yes, if wanting a bit of Waitrose, no- and it's a bit of Waitrose we need.

As I said above re injuries , and others have posted, JOC is the big miss, a superbly fit, athletic , effective defender and great bolster to our attack, who rarely missed a game ergo difficult to replace.As the England manager cannot source a decent left footed centre back across all teams it indicates that sort of scarcity is not available so, to be laying blame at CW's door for not sourcing a slot in replacement is harsh.

As for McB , frankly, and let's all be honest here,he's a waste of money. Silk purse, sow's ear (as he's done before) must have been in CW's thoughts but, regardless of where and how you play him ,IMHO, he's not up to it.He's a grafter, as I've said, he's enthusistic, a trier, will run all day etc etc etc but back to the shopping analogies, if you want best butter you don't get away with margarine.
I, like everyone else, would love him to come good but sometimes you just have to hold your hands up,cut your losses and admit you got it wrong- which is not something a football manager can do as he has to try and recover some of the asset value. It could be worse, we could have done a Lampard and bought a Kepa- and that's why he plays him occasionally- to get another mug to buy him.

although I can only reply by saying Doyle, Coutts and Stevens..............all players who were initially thought of as "not good enough" by the fans............and there's plenty more I haven't named

although I can only reply by saying Doyle, Coutts and Stevens..............all players who were initially thought of as "not good enough" by the fans............and there's plenty more I haven't named
True Aya, there are plenty but few of them, anywhere, not just SUFC,have been strikers. It's an art, a knack, somethiing you either have or don't and, while you can develop positional and tactical nous,they have to start with that je ne sais quoi.

They either have to be at a club who have the time and patience to await them to flower eg DCL or drop down the league to find a level at which their production is prolific enough eg Billy

Wilder has already said we have to go with the the players in the building no problem with that he brought them into the building, Presumably he thought they could improve the squad and the starting eleven or why bring them in. They are his players and he has to get that missing percentage out of them. Ten cup finals to compete in before January and even then there is no guarantee funds will be available then, mystified where some fans think the cash is coming from. The continuation of SUFC in a stable financial state, shit or bust naw.

I'm not sure if Doyle ever came good. I still remember him and Collins signing and having a feeling in the pit of my stomach that those two would be playing the best part of half a decade for us.

Wilder's made a mockery of the idea that 'good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good', but eventually the lack of spending power will catch up with us at this level, as it appears it has done with Burnley.

I also noticed he didn't congratulate Berge after the penalty, might be reading something into nothing, but you do wonder if there's a rift there.

No surprise is it, the petty fuckwitted meathead that he is.

Real shame we didn't shift him in the summer because it prevented effective midfield recruitment. Wilder has a blind spot for him.

No surprise is it, the petty fuckwitted meathead that he is.

Real shame we didn't shift him in the summer because it prevented effective midfield recruitment. Wilder has a blind spot for him.

He's been blanking Berge since he arrived.............can understand it in some ways as he immediately took his place in the team. But now it looks childish and unprofessional

Last edited:
The stupid prick is no doubt upset because he thinks 4 months of decent performances in 3 years entitles him to earn more than a £22m signing who's a far better player than he ever will be.

The sooner he fucks off the better. Greedy, bitter, shit for brains arsehole and it's clear to see.

na then rod now this lot are repeating what isaid a couple of days ago are you gonna set them staright blaedy blade and accuse them all of saying breswter is no good . fucking laughable really is
:LOL: Worra infantile plank you've become Twirlio.:LOL: UTMPB

Who is breswter?:LOL: staright? blaedy blade?:LOL: and some say i'm illiterate/thick.:LOL: UTMPB