London protests | Vital Football

London protests

Was it necessary for the arms of the old gentleman to be put behind his back in presumably a painful position? Given the number of police officers at the scene, did they have to keep him on the ground? Where is the common sense?

Last edited:

17 min - looks like an officer with a baton drawn - why?
19 min - may be the same officer on the right hand side with baton drawn - why?
In these videos I have seen no other officer draw their baton.

IF the police are really concerned about Covid 19 rule breakers then may be a concentrated effort on people in supermarkets should be considered.
Unfortunately some people as soon as they walk through the doors of a supermarket lose common sense. No masks, no attempt at social distancing etc.

Generally people I have seen abide by the rules ( in fact all of them )
so the protesters are all breaking the law and need to suffer the consequences.
The police have better things to do than have to turn up and deal with these people who have nothing better to do than protest. How about doing a proper weeks work.

Generally people I have seen abide by the rules ( in fact all of them )
The police have better things to do than have to turn up and deal with these people who have nothing better to do than protest. How about doing a proper weeks work.

The protest in this thread occured on a Saturday, so we dont know how many work at home or at a place of work in a conventional sense.

Secondly I would agree that law breakers should be arrested. However its how you deal with some of them that is questionable. Do you think the treatment of the old man on the floor (outside Kings Cross I think) is reasonable?

Furthermore if the police are to be deployed in this manner to ensure compliance with Covid19 regulations, then why are they not be being deployed inside supermarkets? Is Covid 19 more likely to spread inside or outside buildings?

What happens to the people who were utterly unaware of this protest and just happened to go for a bit of exercise in the wrong place at the wrong time? Hardly protesters?

I wonder what exactly they are going to charge these people on? I thought exercise was allowed.....so walking down the street may be somebody's form of exercise. Gathering in a group? How is a group being legally defined.....this is going to be messy.

Then a few days ago, I heard that the Covid 19 laws / regulations may be subject to a legal challenge. Ultra Vires was mentioned but I cant remember the meaning of this as its nearly 40 years ago when I studied some law and heard this term!! If there is a legal challenge then alot of these Covid 19 cases could be put on hold.

Last edited:
I could refer you to a certain supermarket.......

I like Catchphrase can only said what I see. No issues in Co op, M and S and Waitrose but that is all I can speak about as do not go to any other supermarkets just those 2 and individual local stores for fruit and veg etc.

The protest in this thread occured on a Saturday, so we dont know how many work at home or at a place of work in a conventional sense.

Secondly I would agree that law breakers should be arrested. However its how you deal with some of them that is questionable. Do you think the treatment of the old man on the floor (outside Kings Cross I think) is reasonable?

Furthermore if the police are to be deployed in this manner to ensure compliance with Covid19 regulations, then why are they not be being deployed inside supermarkets? Is Covid 19 more likely to spread inside or outside buildings?

It just seems to be a waste of police time hanging around outside stores or supervising protests.
I work 7 days a week and one of my daughters living in London works weekends to help her company and keep herself on top of work load. I am more proud of her for doing that than of protesting. I have protested in my time but within the law and am not against it but it does seem to cause a lot of conflict.

I like Catchphrase can only said what I see. No issues in Co op, M and S and Waitrose but that is all I can speak about as do not go to any other supermarkets just those 2 and individual local stores for fruit and veg etc.

Here's a hypothesis in the making:
In the supermarket I'm thinking of, I would categorise the customers into three groups:
a) those with no common sense
b) those who are aware of Covid 19 but dont give a ........
c) those who are aware of Covid 19 and follow the rules as much as possible.

This is a hypothesis: I dont expect the b) group to be visiting M&S or Waitrose.

Last edited:
It just seems to be a waste of police time hanging around outside stores or supervising protests.

If the intention is to enforce the Covid 19 regs / laws then surely the police have to go where the breaches are happening. Police have been to Gyms, Pubs, parties and raves, then supermarkets have to be considered too.

Surely the people who do not wear masks in supermarkets etc., while not exempt, are engaing in their own form of protest and should be dealt with accordingly?

Last edited:
I have protested in my time but within the law and am not against it but it does seem to cause a lot of conflict.

One look at history would suggest that radical change doesn't happen without conflict, e.g., the english civil war, the (US.) war of independence, indepence in Vietnam. However people could follow the way of Ghandi with peaceful protest .