London Black Lives Matter Protest | Page 3 | Vital Football

London Black Lives Matter Protest

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
For a anarchist you are very quick to tell people what they must think or do, I am not black so I must be white and privileged. I can never understand the whole racist issue because I'm white and privileged, I must therefor be racist so why bother trying if I can never understand.
I sometimes feel that there is as much prejudice coming from the anti as there is from the racist, why has there got to be groups, sects, movements that if you are not a member you must be anti. Your passion is admiral but sometimes you can turn allies away by trying too hard.

No nitram, that's not fair.

For a start, I am not forcing or coercing anybody to do anything. When I said that it's not enough to be non-racist and that people, 'must', now be anti-racist, I was talking about a moral obligation. You obviously have the right to reject my plea. I think it is what people need to do but if others son't agree with me then of course they don't have to do anything just because I've said so.

I think you knew that anyway. But it seemed like a clever thing to say, didn't it? You know, draw attention to the fact that Buddha is an anarchist but here he is laying down the law! Only I wasn't really, was I?!

The other parts of your post aren't fair either.

White people do have privilege. That's not blaming white people for being privileged, it's just a fact. Neither is it true that just because white people are privileged they must be racist. In fact is an utterly ridiculous thing to say. You're following bullshit logic there.

Obviously anybody, irrespective of their race, can understand racism and recognise a racist. But none of us white people can fully understand the experience of being black in the UK, or even worse that that, being black in the US.

And if you think being prejudiced against racists is comparable to being prejudiced against race, then I'm afraid you've really lost the plot.

For a start, I am not forcing or coercing anybody to do anything. When I said that it's not enough to be non-racist and that people, 'must', now be anti-racist, I was talking about a moral obligation. You obviously have the right to reject my plea. I think it is what people need to do but if others son't agree with me then of course they don't have to do anything just because I've said so.

I think you knew that anyway. But it seemed like a clever thing to say, didn't it? You know, draw attention to the fact that Buddha is an anarchist but here he is laying down the law! Only I wasn't really, was I?!

The other parts of your post aren't fair either.

White people do have privilege. That's not blaming white people for being privileged, it's just a fact. Neither is it true that just because white people are privileged they must be racist. In fact is an utterly ridiculous thing to say. You're following bullshit logic there.

Obviously anybody, irrespective of their race, can understand racism and recognise a racist. But none of us white people can fully understand the experience of being black in the UK, or even worse that that, being black in the US.

And if you think being prejudiced against racists is comparable to being prejudiced against race, then I'm afraid you've really lost the plot.
Out of interest what is "privilege"?

Sadly, Minneapolis police precinct has been burned down by rioters destroying 1700 items of DNA, blood, fingerprint and written statement evidence for ongoing cases.
Ironic that because of a struggle for justice, all of the victims of those crimes will probably never get theirs 😪

White people do have privilege. That's not blaming white people for being privileged, it's just a fact.
It's a fact, but if you were asked to provide any evidence to back up this statement you wouldn't be able to, would you?

I believe in tackling anti-black racism.

But i also believe in tackling anti-white racism.

Let's stop both.

Of course all racism is wrong. Of course anti-white racism is wrong. As is anti-gypsy or anti-traveller racism (which I have often experienced) is wrong. But they simply do not compare.

It would have been a bit like saying to Bob Geldof back in the 80s, "Well, I believe that those poor Ethiopians should have some food but we need to make sure us Brits get fed too!" It goes without saying that all people need food but at that moment the Ethiopians need was far greater. Yes let's feed the world but let's feed the starving first, eh?!

I worked as a Civil Servant (middle ranking) for many a year and often sat on promotion and recruitment boards, I often saw prejudice on a first hand basis and it was not very nice :(

Saying something is fact does not make it fact. Saying white people have privilege is your opinion not fact. I have seen a lot of this from those vociferously in support of the protests. There's a lot of hypocrisy at play. I have seen a lot of comments and analogies which talk about the fact that generalisations can't be made about black people and criminality, but at the same time making generalisations about them being victims and about white people being privileged.

I get the concept of white privilege, but not all white people are privileged - some of the most deprived people in this country are white working class groups, especially boys and young adults, in the same way the black youths and young men are. Equally not all black people are dealt a bad card at birth. There is way too much hypocrisy and too many generalisations all round to suit arguments.

Saying something is fact does not make it fact. Saying white people have privilege is your opinion not fact. I have seen a lot of this from those vociferously in support of the protests. There's a lot of hypocrisy at play. I have seen a lot of comments and analogies which talk about the fact that generalisations can't be made about black people and criminality, but at the same time making generalisations about them being victims and about white people being privileged.

I get the concept of white privilege, but not all white people are privileged - some of the most deprived people in this country are white working class groups, especially boys and young adults, in the same way the black youths and young men are. Equally not all black people are dealt a bad card at birth. There is way too much hypocrisy and too many generalisations all round to suit arguments.

You just don't get it, Steve. You probably never will.

Of course there are deprived white people. Of course there are people who are not black but who experience prejudice and discrimination.

But you are missing the point. Either wilfully or not, that I don't know.

Lots of division in the world, lots of inequality and outright prejudice. Just below the skin we all the same.

One of the TV stations in Denmark ran a series of adverts about people having more in common than not.

I like them.

You've completely misunderstood me.

I know you're an anti fascist and an anti racist. So am I.

I don't seek to divide. Just like you, I am all for unity.

You may well have black friends and mixed race kids and that will have given you a better understanding than most white people. But it doesn't make you black and unless you are black you just aint gonna understand. I don't understand but at least I understand that I don't understand!

Realising and accepting that we, through no fault of our own, are privileged as white folk, is the first step towards changing the situation so that there is no privilege and no racism.

Christ, can't believe you want to argue with me about this. We're on the same side! Stop trying to divide the anti-racists! Go after the racist scum!!

I was not haveing a go at you individually as it is arguments that need challenging.

There is one massive flaw in this intellectual identity politics wishy washy divide and rule statement of privilege.

By your definition i also cannot really understand it when it is a moslem or a jew or ......
What about the fact I can never understand being a woman then by the same token a woman cannot ever understand being a man.can a black person really understand being white.

The conclusion the this narrative is that nobody my opinion or vote matters less if the discussion is not about my identity.
The only path is that women do not get asked about a man specific subject and must not vote on it. Similarly for a man when a women's subject.
We will eventually need every subject on the media and in parliament to be classified into its identity so we know who can debate and vote.

The argument is not open to logic. Its just for those who love talking shops.

Its simple, people need to stop talking as if its some intellectual discussion and join together to change things now.

Lots of division in the world, lots of inequality and outright prejudice. Just below the skin we all the same.

One of the TV stations in Denmark ran a series of adverts about people having more in common than not.

I like them. Simple message.

You just don't get it, Steve. You probably never will.

Of course there are deprived white people. Of course there are people who are not black but who experience prejudice and discrimination.

But you are missing the point. Either wilfully or not, that I don't know.

What point am I not getting? What don't I get? The way I see it is that I don't agree with you, not that I am missing the point and not getting it.

Of course all racism is wrong. Of course anti-white racism is wrong. As is anti-gypsy or anti-traveller racism (which I have often experienced) is wrong. But they simply do not compare.

It would have been a bit like saying to Bob Geldof back in the 80s, "Well, I believe that those poor Ethiopians should have some food but we need to make sure us Brits get fed too!" It goes without saying that all people need food but at that moment the Ethiopians need was far greater. Yes let's feed the world but let's feed the starving first, eh?!

But I did not need to understand being a starving person before I gave support. Maybe we needed a lot of intellectual discussion before doing anything shaming those who have food - instead there was action.
That old saying - talk is cheap.

Not true mate , the racist chinavirus has shown otherwise.

You're such a ****.

When somebody tries to post a message of unity you try to denigrate it.

Why do you hate so much? What happened to you? Was it traumatic? Do you need professional help? Maybe there's some therapy you could receive?