London Black Lives Matter Protest | Page 29 | Vital Football

London Black Lives Matter Protest

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
My argument is that all media is as bad as each other so just picking out the bbc as a whipping boy is worrying.
Absolutely not Jerry. I agree that no media can be totally trusted but imo some are clearly more biased than others. Is the Times as biased as the Mail? Seriously? Of course the Times is biased but not in the same league for distortion. Ditto compared to the Express.

I'm very uncomfortable with the "oh they are all liars/cheats/whatever" scenario. Across the media and amongst politicians there is a wide range of levels of honesty and integrity.

Ps, the BBC is supposed to be impartial. Obviously it isn't but in the past it has been way better than most (some good stuff on the World Service btw). However, it has been particularly lame recently, probably through fear of the Tories taking away/reducing the licence fee.

I saw this yesterday and knew (depressingly) that it would excite the far right. Nasty bastards.

Apparently she had received death threats in recent days but a friend of hers has said that the shooting was gang related and that Sasha Johnson wasn't the target but was caught in the cross fire.

Really hope she manages to survive.

I saw this yesterday and knew (depressingly) that it would excite the far right. Nasty bastards.

Apparently she had received death threats in recent days but a friend of hers has said that the shooting was gang related and that Sasha Johnson wasn't the target but was caught in the cross fire.

Really hope she manages to survive.
In the balance of fairness it’s also excited Diane Abbott, who has once again opened her judgmental trap without waiting for facts. Horrid story though.

Witnesses say that four black guys all dressed in black, jumped the fence, fired a single shot and it hit the young lady in the head.
To my inquisitive mind, that looks unlikely to be random, which is what the police are reporting.
That looks like a professional hit.
As to why, well, maybe we’ll never know.
Police cover up?

Witnesses say that four black guys all dressed in black, jumped the fence, fired a single shot and it hit the young lady in the head.
To my inquisitive mind, that looks unlikely to be random, which is what the police are reporting.
Police cover up?

Not that professional, obviously.

Police cover up?

Too early to say anything with any certainty other than (as Trev did say) that it is a horrid story, and that (as I said), let's hope she survives.

Haven't heard Abbott but can well believe she has, "opened her judgemental trap without waiting for facts".

She often irritates me.
Can't stand the woman in spite of her theoretically ticking all the right boxes for a middle class leftie Guardian reading Metropolitan elitist like me.

Stabbing Starmer in the back and front already. A recruiting agent for the Right.

Can't stand the woman in spite of her theoretically ticking all the right boxes for a middle class leftie Guardian reading Metropolitan elitist like me.

Stabbing Starmer in the back and front already. A recruiting agent for the Right.

This isn't the first time she has jumped the gun making judgements about such issues. This time, I think her words were that Ms Johnson was gunned down for "standing up for racial justice" - the presumption being that it was deliberate hit on her, presumably by someone on the right, for her views on "racial justice". It soon transpired that her claims are highly likely to be incorrect - not that she has or will accept it. I would also suggest that the comments of Johnson (and I wish her well - especially as she has kids) in the past go a lot further and are a lot more incendiary than just "standing up for racial justice" too. Further, I heard Abbott on the Dale show on LBC the other night rightly being challenged by Dale about it and she said to him that he, as a white man, was in no position to challenge her, as a woman of colour, on it. There does seem to be a culture of those in what I would call the ever expanding race industry of piousness that they can say and claim what they want and it has to be accepted and can't be challenged. I hear this a lot regarding BLM - i.e. that anyone who opposes or has reservations about it is racist. I heard a piece on Talksport yesterday due to the Floyd anniversary about race in football where the "campaigner" was ranting about the racist opposition and booing of taking the knee; he went completely unchallenged by the presenters (who I guess didn't have the cajones to challenge him or put an alternative view or just ask him whether it could be that some people just don't agree with the BLM movement and aren't "racist" for having a different view to him).

Funnily enough, one of her last such gaffes like this was on LBC too. I think it was a couple of year ago on the Castle weekend show. There was a nasty attack on an assylum seeker in Croydon. I remember Abbott coming on and ranting about how it was due to racism and the hate culture laid down as a result of Brexit. As she was on air, the first pictures of the suspects emerged and, put it this way, they appeared to be more motivated by gang culture than Brexit. It was pointed out to her and she was challenged on air about it, but of course made no consession or apology for the wrong conclusions that she drew.

As far as I am concerned race baiters like Dianne Abbott and Sasha Johnson (and as I say I wish her no ill in her current predicament) are just as guilty of stirring and causing division as the likes of Tommy Robinson and co on the other side.

Last edited:
On the last Census (2011), the Black population of the UK was 3.3% (and Carribbean just 1%). I find that astonishing. If you just looked at the news, or TV drama programmes, factual programmes, adverts etc, you would guess it was 10 times that. Just look at the next advert break and count (and count the number of mixed race families in advertising land).

Don't see many Eastern Europeans on TV?

On the last Census (2011), the Black population of the UK was 3.3% (and Carribbean just 1%). I find that astonishing. If you just looked at the news, or TV drama programmes, factual programmes, adverts etc, you would guess it was 10 times that. Just look at the next advert break and count (and count the number of mixed race families in advertising land).

Posting "facts" ?
Have you no "feelings" ?

Here is a "fact".
Black African kids do better at GCSE etc than Black Caribbean kids.

Indian kids do much better at GCSE etc than Pakistani and Bangladeshi kids.

When will activists stop generalising about skin-colour - and presenting all of the same ethnicity as equally "victims" ?

Surely an understanding of cultural differences (e.g. Caribbean v African and Indian v Pakistani) would be a more fruitful place to explore ?

I noticed similar with the latest Bupa advert.
There are eight characters in the advert.
Six non white and two white.
So, by that logic, Bupa must think that non whites are three times more likely to buy their products.
Alternatively, they have just fallen in with the new agenda so not to appear to be the fatal R word.
That will kill a business.

So, by that logic, Bupa must think that non whites are three times more likely to buy their products.
Alternatively, they have just fallen in with the new agenda so not to appear to be the fatal R word.

Fuck advertising and marketing people.

Posting "facts" ?
Have you no "feelings" ?

Here is a "fact".
Black African kids do better at GCSE etc than Black Caribbean kids.

Indian kids do much better at GCSE etc than Pakistani and Bangladeshi kids.

When will activists stop generalising about skin-colour - and presenting all of the same ethnicity as equally "victims" ?

Surely an understanding of cultural differences (e.g. Caribbean v African and Indian v Pakistani) would be a more fruitful place to explore ?
Yep, and Indian and Chinese kids do better than white kids, and most groups do better than working class white kids. We know really why black kids underperform, but that doesn't fit any BLM narrative. So the problems aren't fixed.

Doesn't matter though, some people will be earning out of this

we have been over this one many times before i think.

The advertisers are not just fitting in with the current agenda etc they are actually following the 'non hidden' uk advertising rules.

we have been over this one many times before i think.

The advertisers are not just fitting in with the current agenda etc they are actually following the 'non hidden' uk advertising rules.
So, a bit like professional football, the non hidden rules say that black people should be over represented statistically.
Got it 👍
I gotta add, it doesn’t bother me like it may do to others, but it is an undisputed fact.

So, a bit like professional football, the non hidden rules say that black people should be over represented statistically.
Got it 👍
I gotta add, it doesn’t bother me like it may do to others, but it is an undisputed fact.

Some people would prefer it if there were nothing other than white faces anywhere in this country, let alone on adverts.

It's not so easy for them to express such views nowadays though, it's just not socially acceptable anymore.

So they have to satisfy themselves with making sly dog whistle remarks about how diversity in advertising is not reflective of the statistical breakdown of ethnicity in the country according to the census.

They're just nasty racists. Those of us who aren't racist don't really give a shit about who's in the adverts. They're just fucking adverts!

Last edited:
Some people would prefer it if there were nothing other than white faces anywhere in this country, let alone on adverts.

It's not so easy for them to express such views nowadays though, it's just not socially acceptable anymore.

So they have to satisfy themselves with making sly dog whistle remarks about how diversity in advertising is not reflective of the statistical breakdown of ethnicity in the country according to the census.

They're just nasty racists. Those of us who aren't racist don't really give a shit about who's in the adverts. They're just fucking adverts!
There in lies the problem.
Anyone who doesn’t agree with those views is just a nasty racist.
No discussion
No opinion allowed
Just a nasty racist.
Bigotry is alive and well in the U.K..
Left bigotry
Right bigotry
Anarchist bigotry
There’s enough to go round.