London 1st in worst places to live | Vital Football

London 1st in worst places to live

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/10/08/the-ten-worst-places-to-live-in-the-uk/?ncid=webmail3

LOL

I don't mind visiting for business but always like to get back out of it.

Brum don't feature... whoop!

I notice that all these places (except Gibraltar - Gibraltar??) are in England. That hardly seems fair on the various eyesores and cesspits in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Antrim town anyone?

I've always maintained that London is a fantastic place to visit as a tourist or to live if you have plenty of money but a frigging nightmare otherwise. It seems that the majority of those voting tend to agree.

I hated living in London and everyone I knew there seemed to be working on a plan to get out. Talk about a shit hole.

How the hell did York end up on this list? Flipin mad. Everyone says it is a beautiful place. It is a decent place to live to even though house prices are higher.

I have sent the article copy to our local press as I am sure they will be interested to know how we ended up on their.

Though given Gibraltar is on the list I suspect the people who were questioned perhaps were under average I.Q. They probably think York is New York in The U.S

I think London is actually a daft inclusion. It's far too big a place to generally give the 'worst place to live title' to.

Whilst the arse end of Wembley or Brixton are undoubtedly as close to hell in the UK as you will get. Places like Mayfair, Belgravia, Kensington, Highgate etc... are where the most affluent people in the world choose to live, shop and play. The fact that the Queen lives bang int he middle of it surely means something?

I wouldnt live in London, like the article says its too busy with too much traffic and too expensive. However it is nice to visit for a weekend and look at all the attractions as a tourist.

Surprised York is there as I would consider York as a decent place to live - not too expensive, plenty of culture, good shops, university and schools.

I agree with Bradford, Stoke and Coventry on the list though - awful places.

As i live only about 30 miles south of London i do love visiting. Albeit it is usually only for music. I do love the tourist places as well and would consider living there.

surely it's simply a group of peoples opinions, why get upset about it? Especially if you are happy with where you live, who gives a shit!

London, terrible place, people are arse holes, too much traffic, too expensive and a bastard to navigate. Could sing this chant about the place, London's a shit hole I'd rather stay home.

London is ace at the weekend for a bit of a novelty.

Going for work in the midweek rush hour is not ace whatsover.

So how can you tell me you're lonely,
And say for you that the sun don't shine?
Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

BORED OF LONDON, BORED OF LIFE!

It's just like Brum only 10 times the size, never worked out the fascination with London or any big City to be honest.

Villan57, I think it is because there is always something to do or see. Whether it be a show, club, pub, restaurant, museum, shopping etc....the city will have it all. Birmingham is seriously under-rated in my humble, I think it is an amazing city, better so than London, Liverpool or Manchester. Broad street has some great bars and restaurants and the theatres in the city are as good as anywhere in the world for great shows. The Bull ring and the old fish market(is it still there?) awesome. What about the old rag market too, it was great for punk gear and old records - very nostalgic.

London is like driving mostly through a third world country estates imo, the area's are driven down and its like driving through a foreign country there is no obvious sign London is an English country imo loads of immigrants

Villan57 - 9/10/2013 18:04

It's just like Brum only 10 times the size, never worked out the fascination with London or any big City to be honest.

houses of parliment, big ben, tower of london, tower bridge, buckingham palace, westminster abbey, trafalgar square, west end musicals, art galleries and probably a lot more

Birmingam has the bullring.

david-avfc - 9/10/2013 19:28

Villan57 - 9/10/2013 18:04

houses of parliment, big ben, tower of london, tower bridge, buckingham palace, westminster abbey, trafalgar square, west end musicals, art galleries and probably a lot more

Birmingam has the bullring.

Off the top of my head...

Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Ikon Gallery
Symphony Hall & Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
Custard Factory
Birmingham Library

I think we do fine for culture - awful nightlife though!

that last post wasn't supposed to sound like a stab at birmingham but my point that London is a fascinating place and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

I wouldn't want to live in London but surely its not the "worst place in the UK". The problem with these sort of things is that they are done by idiots who a) don't know anything and B) blame everything/one else for their problems - i.e. my life is so shit il blame the city I live rather than whatever the real reason is.

I always see on facebook people saying how bad Leamington Spa is (my home town) and I'm just like, well it's actually one of the nicest towns around, it may be slightly boring but if your that desperate your 15 minutes from coventry and 30 minutes Birmingham if you want something to do.

Leamington Spa is a proper posh place well it is to my Tipton anyway lol, when i used to deliver and install air con units down there the totty (birds, woman etc) was hot and bloody loads of em, had a nice encounter and all down there but i will not get into too much details ;)