Loco out until Feb | Vital Football

Loco out until Feb

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Winks, Dele, Gedson. Either they are unfit more often than not, or Jose doesn't fancy them. There isn't much chance of Hojbjerg losing his place is there. Nor Sissoko for that matter. Heaven knows what will happen to us if Hojbjerg gets a long term injury.

Gedsons a goner. Deli may have to start acting the arse to get a move. I'm told the squad atmosphere is now at an all-time low. Wonder why lol?!

Well you called it here first. Let's put on record that if Dele does go from "dignified silence" mode to "do what it takes to get me away from him" mode then it's not because Dele is a spoilt little brat. I hope our fans will see the bigger picture.

Well you called it here first. Let's put on record that if Dele does go from "dignified silence" mode to "do what it takes to get me away from him" mode then it's not because Dele is a spoilt little brat. I hope our fans will see the bigger picture.

You would want that to be the bigger picture, but how do you know if it is an accurate one. One could conclude from what we know to be factual, that Jose came and nominated Alli as the team's focal point. He gave him regular opportunities to prove himself, but apart from two weeks, early in Jose's reign, Alli wasn't good enough to fit the role. Dropped from the PL starting eleven for sub-par performances, he still found difficulty shining in less demanding Europa League matches. Subsequently, we have seen more of the same.

You would want that to be the bigger picture, but how do you know if it is an accurate one. One could conclude from what we know to be factual, that Jose came and nominated Alli as the team's focal point. He gave him regular opportunities to prove himself, but apart from two weeks, early in Jose's reign, Alli wasn't good enough to fit the role. Dropped from the PL starting eleven for sub-par performances, he still found difficulty shining in less demanding Europa League matches. Subsequently, we have seen more of the same.

As you tend to do, you always ignore the context and in football tactics context is everything, it's the 101 of coaching and tactical application.

What we do know is that Dele has been allowed to be on the pitch for 363 minutes out of 27 games this season. He has been given a single league start where his manager told the world that he took him off because he hadn't guessed Ancelotti's tactics and then admitted his second half ones didn't work either. He has given him a couple of starts in EL and one in the Carabao. That's all. No extensive EL campaign or whatever suits certain people's arguments.

So I will call BS on anyone that tries to make an assessment of Dele Alli in the 20/21 season. He's had no opportunity to play and he's had no opportunity to get form and match fitness. Compare that to what's been afforded to other squad players and what they've contributed.

So yes Dele should be doing everything possible to protect his career and get out of our club. Jose doesn't run a meritocracy so he needs to live with the consequences of that.

We are short on MF players, we only have Ndombele semi fit at present who can create and be a threat from MF . Players like Sissoko and Bergwijn are starting ahead of Dele. I cant get my head around it.

As you tend to do, you always ignore the context and in football tactics context is everything, it's the 101 of coaching and tactical application.

I think its safe to assume i dont tend to agree with much Rich says. He has the ability to write people off with almost unmovable conviction and once he decides, he cannot seem to remove the blinkers regardless.

However, although he again is gunning for a target with no room for the lad to prove him wrong, i believe he isnt far off on this. Dele was not exactly doing it for Poch in the last 12mths either and i guess you could say that was playing for a manager that knew his game inside and out. So thats 12mths + JM 6mths last season + this seasons chances. Its JM perrogative to make an assesment of Dele and if he cant change, improve to the standard JM wants then he needs gone. I put a lot of it down to the physical changes he went through and i believe if he embraced them and worked on his game he would have even more to his game than before. The stories of Ronaldo working harder than everyone else. All the extra practice he did. Well Dele has the frame now to be an absolute beast if he wanted.. But he doesnt want it. He hasnt got the attitude to work harder than ever and he hasnt got the mentality to rework his game. That frame should mean he can hold onto the ball better instead of little flicks that give possession cheaply. How many teams these days can afford for a player who has no pace to go past people, cant take them on with skill and relies purely on his pressing game, quick flicks and timing into the box to make things happen? He has lost the timing into the box. His flicks are invariably misstimed and we dont press like we used to.

I like Dele and would give him another chance but i think its more likely that he will succeed elsewhere. He has it in him as he is still young but JM can only give him the chances and stage to perform, Dele has not taken them.

I think its safe to assume i dont tend to agree with much Rich says. He has the ability to write people off with almost unmovable conviction and once he decides, he cannot seem to remove the blinkers regardless.

However, although he again is gunning for a target with no room for the lad to prove him wrong, i believe he isnt far off on this. Dele was not exactly doing it for Poch in the last 12mths either and i guess you could say that was playing for a manager that knew his game inside and out. So thats 12mths + JM 6mths last season + this seasons chances. Its JM perrogative to make an assesment of Dele and if he cant change, improve to the standard JM wants then he needs gone. I put a lot of it down to the physical changes he went through and i believe if he embraced them and worked on his game he would have even more to his game than before. The stories of Ronaldo working harder than everyone else. All the extra practice he did. Well Dele has the frame now to be an absolute beast if he wanted.. But he doesnt want it. He hasnt got the attitude to work harder than ever and he hasnt got the mentality to rework his game. That frame should mean he can hold onto the ball better instead of little flicks that give possession cheaply. How many teams these days can afford for a player who has no pace to go past people, cant take them on with skill and relies purely on his pressing game, quick flicks and timing into the box to make things happen? He has lost the timing into the box. His flicks are invariably misstimed and we dont press like we used to.

I like Dele and would give him another chance but i think its more likely that he will succeed elsewhere. He has it in him as he is still young but JM can only give him the chances and stage to perform, Dele has not taken them.
I think overall the assessment is a little harsh but I also think you make some valid points.

The bigger issue for me however is that Dele - even the current version - has far more to offer than a few of the players getting regular game time ahead of him.

I find it galling that we would consider letting him go whilst finding places in the squad for players like Moura and Lamela.

I think overall the assessment is a little harsh but I also think you make some valid points.

The bigger issue for me however is that Dele - even the current version - has far more to offer than a few of the players getting regular game time ahead of him.

I find it galling that we would consider letting him go whilst finding places in the squad for players like Moura and Lamela.

I agree other than the fact that Lamela and Moura have little sell on value and are now little more than bench warmers/squad fillers. They have a useful impact that you can use to effect the team if required (not sure always in the positive). They dont tend to rock the boat either.

I would give Dele the respect of being capable of being better than just a squad player. He is very well paid, has a good value still (If some reports are to believed), age is on his side and he just needs to get his game going or remodel himself.

I would say Dele going opens the door to us signing another 1st team player, not just a squad player. Lamela or moura leaving will just leave our subs options a little weaker.