Lockdown football | Vital Football

Lockdown football

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
We always said we as fans could make a difference I believe the lack of fans although the same for all teams appears to affect us more as they fed off the atmosphere,also not being as technically adept as some teams also hinders the more technical teams appear to cope better in the sterile conditions or is it something completely different
The table shows only the teams that have competed in all the games since lockdown
0EDCA26A-B380-4A61-837F-A23A3265D580.jpeg

Maybe it's time for our fans to start thinking how they can actually help.

I'd love to see big crowds turning up at BL to welcome the team v Man City, with other clubs' fans doing the same. It would also make a mockery out of the stadium ban, which is exactly what it deserves.

Lockdown football is rubbish........ it's just about ££££££££££££'s
This covid patsy b0110x will f00k things up good and proper ......... the direct death count will fall into insignificance .
The way this pandemic is being handled by world leaders adds weight to the conspiracy theories .....hidden agenda ? ..... perhaps so!

We always said we as fans could make a difference I believe the lack of fans although the same for all teams appears to affect us more as they fed off the atmosphere,also not being as technically adept as some teams also hinders the more technical teams appear to cope better in the sterile conditions or is it something completely different
The table shows only the teams that have competed in all the games since lockdown
View attachment 43137

I agree, the crowd does make a difference and if this chart is accurate then it only shows, and with crowds unlikely to enter stadiums until at least March (if at all), then United need to combat this.

We can't just ride on the excuse that fans aren't allowed to watch - there are 19 other teams in the sea boat. I think the lack of fans and therefore £££ has limited CW's budget which in turn has caused an impact on the quality and quantity of players we could bring in. We still don't have many in reserve and those we do have aren't good enough. Can you see Foderingham or Verrips being on top form if Ramsdale is injured? We've already seen CW struggle to replace JOC and the attacking line doesn't have much fire-power, though I am excluding Brewster as he hasn't had much chance to prove himself yet.

While the lack of a crowd may be a factor in our results it certainly isn't the only one. Pure speculation to think we might have had "X" more points if fans were in attendance. Wilder has reacted to pundits saying we have been sussed and we should change our style, with there's nothing wrong with the system it's just the players aren't performing well enough in it.
That's Wilder's job to find solutions for players drop in performances and get them going, they managed wins against Chelsea and Spurs without a crowd replicate those performances and get on with it.

Re the absence of crowds- the officials are the ones getting the easiest ride. Some of the decisions would have caused such a crowd reaction that they would be much more aware of how wrong they are getting it.( at all games, not just SU)

Pressure affects everyone differently-I reckon we've got a higher percentage than many who react positively to it and feed off it ( the nderdog,we'll show the basterds mentality) whereas others are free of the pressure and perform better without it.
When we have to play on the edge with such fine margins between points or not then it does make a difference.Imagine your 1st class round the world trip being cancelled for a day at Cleethorpes. Yes , you have to get on with it but you need a tad more than that to get excited about it.
CW's got to find a way to motivatte them to get excited about that and, I suppose, the ultimate motivation might be realising that Cleethorpes will become the norm if you don't get up for it.

New announcement from the Government at 5pm today.Get ready for a National LOCKDOWN folks mi thinks.UTMPB

New announcement from the Government at 5pm today.Get ready for a National LOCKDOWN folks mi thinks.UTMPB
Should split every area into 2- one for those who want to obey the rules and stay safe and one for the absolute f***wits who want to carry on partying, protesting, denying it exists, conspiracy theorists and behaving with a total lck of care, concern, empathy, respect or consideration for others.

Hopefully the second lot would die out quickly and we could get back to living with Covid sensibly until a vaccine is found

Should split every area into 2- one for those who want to obey the rules and stay safe and one for the absolute f***wits who want to carry on partying, protesting, denying it exists, conspiracy theorists and behaving with a total lck of care, concern, empathy, respect or consideration for others.

Hopefully the second lot would die out quickly and we could get back to living with Covid sensibly until a vaccine is found

Now that would be interesting...........we are all now going to pay the price. Too many people casually not following the rules for their own selfish reasons, and when as a result the figures are bad, its always somebody else's fault..... and this includes the "vulnerable" who by now should know better.

I had hoped this would be avoided, but realised pretty soon that sadly we have to have this enforced on us.

Now that would be interesting...........we are all now going to pay the price. Too many people casually not following the rules for their own selfish reasons, and when as a result the figures are bad, its always somebody else's fault..... and this includes the "vulnerable" who by now should know better.

I had hoped this would be avoided, but realised pretty soon that sadly we have to have this enforced on us.
The only thing you can rely on aya is if you expect the general public to behave in a certain way they will do the opposite just ask David Cameron !

No wonder people deliberately defy guidance when the whole media give that stupid 83 year old from Doncaster so much air an print time. A lot of people may feel like her but then think of their actions on the consequences for other people.

Last edited:
View attachment 43137
this is so bang on its unbelievable how we feed of the crowd and the adrenalin the crowd produces in our players. its shocking