Loans status | Page 2 | Vital Football

Loans status

Have noticed that Grant has pretty much stopped scoring for County since Yates left. Pity as i thought he was finally starting to show some promise.

Good to see Yates getting regular game time at Scunny but think he could be loaned out for another season brfore being eased toward our first team.

No idea how Yates is doing, but Scunthorpe usually use their 3 subs in a game, and there's only once that I've seen that Yates has come off. Implies that he's doing pretty well.

Tomlin is unfit & is suffering from playing regularly after months of being involved sporadically.

Tomlin is class, great first touch/awareness & unlucky with the shot that hit the post & looked much more of a threat than BB.

The issue was that he was played on the left, ahead of Osborn who is positionally awful at LB - he is very clearly NOT a defender ... Brentford targetted that side & their scorer was their RB - granted from a set piece.

BO is left footed, but very rarely hits the byline, instead he cuts back in side to cross with his left foot, with strikers etc then having to check their run etc and giving momentum to the defence.

No problem with giving Gueddy a run but Tomlin should be in that No.10 position!

Tomlin is awful from a counter-attacking point of view because he is so slow.

How many times did we break, but it was only the player with the ball running and no one to aim for?

Tomlin would amble up in time for our latest bout of 'lets pass it around a packed penalty area with no idea how to put it in the net'.

I can't say I was as enthused by him yesterday.

In hindsight, it was probably one of the reason Gueddy looked so bad yesterday because he broke with ball and had a static Tomlin in front of him

I (and my mate CP) have been saying from the start what Tomlin is about. Everyone fawning over him because hes fat and supposedly Reidesque was embarrassing.

How many times did we break, but it was only the player with the ball running and no one to aim for?

Tomlin would amble up in time for our latest bout of 'lets pass it around a packed penalty area with no idea how to put it in the net'.

Pace isn't necessarily an issue if you've vision and players round you with a turn of pace and an understanding of space and timing. Sadly though...

The post you replied to was related to the Brentford game.

Tomlin is not a winger, much like Osborn is not a left back & again, neither had a great game against Ipswich.

Aye, was definitely worth sounding a note of caution.

A fit motivated Tomlin is very different to what we're currently seeing..... far too many just going through the motions. He gets a rest this weekend though!

I hope Bridcutt gets a start against Cardiff & would like to know if Fuentes gets an opportunity before the season ends?

The post you replied to was related to the Brentford game.

Tomlin is not a winger, much like Osborn is not a left back & again, neither had a great game against Ipswich.
Another bad game from Tomlin on Saturday, if he wasnt AK`s pal he would have been dropped earlier, same as with Dowell. If Cash is fit the wings belong to Lolley and Cash (at least from the squad that we have), if he wants to experiment, that area and the central defensive pairing are the areas that he shouldnt touch ...for the rest (keeper included) AK can shuffle the cards as much as he wants (and with this I include also Colback and Watson)...

A fit motivated Tomlin is very different to what we're currently seeing..... far too many just going through the motions. He gets a rest this weekend though!

I hope Bridcutt gets a start against Cardiff & would like to know if Fuentes gets an opportunity before the season ends?

Tomlin has a reputation for starting well and then losing interest...