Loan transfer deadline day | Page 2 | Vital Football

Loan transfer deadline day

He’s still in there somewhere...just lost his ‘hunger’ I suspect.
If we can somehow reignite his desire and we play him in a role that suits his strengths everyone wins.

It wasn't reignited at Wendy lasts eason despite them "playing the type of football" he likes.......

It seems there is a "legal" way to extend a transfer window. The question is should this be investigated by the FA and/or EFL and action taken if deemed necessary?

It seems the huggers of trees wanted to sign Panagiotis Tachtsidis from Olympiacos. The deal wasn't completed in time for the transfer to go through in this window. Fortunately for the Red Dogs, the 2 clubs have one and the same owner, Evangelos Marinakis. Now, where there is a will, there is a way. Marinakis found that way. He cancelled the lad's Olympiacos contract which made him a free agent. That meant that our near neighbours could sign him immediately rather than having to wait until January..........

You could say, shrewd move. You could also say it is downright cheating made possible by an accident of ownership.

My opinion is that this move is definitely against the spirit of the game and should be looked at by FA/EFL.

Was this not what happened at Watford a few years ago with their influx of players from Italy due to their dual ownership? But beware casting of too many stones - one of the earliest dual owners I can remember was a certain Maxwell (R) although his scruples, business ethics and practices were of course impeccable.

let MA without sin cast the first stone

Maxwell allegedly kept his various businesses afloat with some assistance from the Mirror Pension Fund if I remember correctly. We paid Oxford for the players we bought from there though, although the actual source of the money is open to discussion.........

Latest Rams News