Loan transfer deadline day | Vital Football

Loan transfer deadline day

Bloomeram

Alert Team
Will Frank dip into the loan market before the close of the window at 5.00pm today? and if so who, or in what position, would you like to see brought in?derby 3rd kit.jpg

Think it will be outs Jerome to Turkey that should delight them Martin going to Hull Babos gone to Spain Lowe to Aberdeen Butterfield to Mickelover Sports

I thought we signed someone decent!

Yes I thought we had I went to that match rained all the way there all the match and all the way home He was really good on the ball when he first came but we also had a far better team then than we today When the wheels came off as is usual with Derby fans lets get a scapegoat and Butters was in the firing line he copped the blame for sideways and backwards passing when it was pretty obvious he was playing to orders Of course he had poor games but so did Hendrick and Hughes but they were the fans darlings

Yes I thought we had I went to that match rained all the way there all the match and all the way home He was really good on the ball when he first came but we also had a far better team then than we today When the wheels came off as is usual with Derby fans lets get a scapegoat and Butters was in the firing line he copped the blame for sideways and backwards passing when it was pretty obvious he was playing to orders Of course he had poor games but so did Hendrick and Hughes but they were the fans darlings

At least we managed to sell them for a few quid, none wants Butters, though loans can be made after the close of the transfer window.

That gives us a total of 17 gone since the end of last season. 9 permanently and 8 out on loan although a couple of those may well end up as permanent deals. We had 9 incoming over the same period.

PLAYERS OUT ROUNDUP

Signed for other clubs = 6
Hanson
Jerome
Vernam
Vydra
Weimann
Zanzala

Players out on loan = 8
Babos (Royal Union, all season)
Blackman (Gijon, all season)
Elsnick (Mansfield, all season)
Guy (Blackpool, to January)
Lowe (Aberdeen, all season)
Martin (Hull, all season)
Mitchell (Oxford, to January)
Thomas (Coventry, to January)

Players released = 3
Baird
Bent
Shackell

That seems to leave the first team squad with 26 players of our own available + 3 loans --
GK 2
DF 9 (+ 1 loan)
MF 8 (+ 1 loan)
FW 7 (+ 1 loan)

Seems like much improved management of the club to me MA.
Moving Butterworth on, signing another ‘just in case’ keeper, a taller striker option and a midfield ‘mover and shaker’ would have completed the job imo but you can’t have everything.
Are we in a better position than we were four months ago is the question. Imo we are.

Moving Butterworth on, signing another ‘just in case’ keeper, a taller striker option and a midfield ‘mover and shaker’ would have completed the job imo but you can’t have everything.
Are we in a better position than we were four months ago is the question. Imo we are.
Butterworth???

Sorry....’field’...’notworth’...whatever. Had a mate at school called Phil Butterworth...but he was a footballer. ;)

Another 2 weeks and Mitchell is through the 1st month of his loan and can be recalled..... just in case ;)

The striker and MF man you suggest might be an option to get in the January window.

IMO, the only real failure has been to move Butterfield on. He is doomed to sspend the next 4 months in the U23s and/or in the stands. He should have the message come January.....

Fair points MA!

Wonder what the chances of Butterfield finding favour ever again are. Tbf he has shown himself to be a very good player in the not too distant past and you don’t suddenly lose it all overnight.
Must be strange...probably one of the best paid players at the club but just about the least likely to find himself on the team sheet.
In everyone’s interest to see him find his form again...just not sure how.
Wonder what the odds are on a Butterfield winner at Wembley next May?

Fair points MA!

Wonder what the chances of Butterfield finding favour ever again are. Tbf he has shown himself to be a very good player in the not too distant past and you don’t suddenly lose it all overnight.
Must be strange...probably one of the best paid players at the club but just about the least likely to find himself on the team sheet.
Only has himself to blame, you don't get dropped for playing out of your skin, or loaned out because you buckled down and fought for your place in the team..................His rant about his fellow professionals when loaned out just added to the downfall of what you say was a promising footballer......................We would be well rid of him and his bile if you ask me.

Fair points MA!

RA I can't see this point of freezing players out Pretty sure they don't care Hard to think of any other owners where they are prepared to pay you for doing nothing ( apart from MP s of course ) I don't really see anyway back for him now so much for FL and his clean sheet Its been said no offers for him But if your not even playing Under23 football that's not a surprise My guess is he will sit his contract out pick up another £200,000 between now and June Then get a free transfer and a nice signing on fee

Agree with all of that Bloomer but also with mista’s ‘can’t see the point of freezing players’ out’ comment. There are also two sides to every story.
In everyone’s interest to get something out of him but with no reserves how do you do it?
Maybe there will prove to be a way back...stranger things have happened.

Agree with all of that Bloomer but also with mista’s ‘can’t see the point of freezing players’ out’ comment. There are also two sides to every story.
In everyone’s interest to get something out of him but with no reserves how do you do it?
Maybe there will prove to be a way back...stranger things have happened.
Hope not, but as you say there are always two points of view to any problem and Butterfield may have been provoked into his outburst. I just don't like the disrespectful way he went about it. Had he just left on loan there would not have been a problem and the fans would also have accepted him back from loan without any questions and suspicions. The bad feeling (probably) on both parts will never be fully healed, so maybe better for both parties to remain quite and hopefully someone will come in for him.

Was class at Huddersfield. Started well when he came to us.

Whatever happened to that player?

He’s still in there somewhere...just lost his ‘hunger’ I suspect.
If we can somehow reignite his desire and we play him in a role that suits his strengths everyone wins.

Latest Rams News