Loan rules | Vital Football

Loan rules

I think you're only allowed two domestic loans and no more than 1 from the same club (so no more loans from Chelsea for us).

And I think a premiership club can only have 4 loan players in one season. Or is it you can only have 4 loan players in a matchday squad?

Something like that

I think you're only allowed two domestic loans and no more than 1 from the same club (so no more loans from Chelsea for us).

And I think a premiership club can only have 4 loan players in one season. Or is it you can only have 4 loan players in a matchday squad?

Something like that

But how many foreign loans can we have?

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.
With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

As far as I can tell, there is no restriction to the number of loans from non domestic clubs. EFL and conference do have restrictions.

It was mentioned that a loan from abroad might be a way of signing a player, when there is insufficient time to complete a normal transfer.