Loan players | Vital Football

Loan players

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
Firstly, I know they haven't broken any rules but Stags had 5 loan players in the starting 11 yesterday. I wonder where this Stags approach leaves them at the end of the season if/when they get promoted, either 1. Rebuild the team or 2. Spend a fortune on the players they have had on loan. We started with 1 loan player on the pitch and finished with 2 if I'm correct with a set of players that would provide the core of a team for league 1.

I remember Hereford going up a few years ago with a number of quality loan players. They came straight back down. If Mansfield do go up, however, I'm sure they will spend big to challenge at the right end of the table.

They may have a bit of a balancing act to sort out before then. Despite having a large squad they are maxed out on loans and don't really have cover for the right wing back Hayden White who was unfortunate to have probably broken his ankle yesterday. The only other RB at the club has apparently fallen out big time with Flip Flop so they will either have to bring him in from the cold or splash some more cash.

They may have a bit of a balancing act to sort out before then. Despite having a large squad they are maxed out on loans and don't really have cover for the right wing back Hayden White who was unfortunate to have probably broken his ankle yesterday. The only other RB at the club has apparently fallen out big time with Flip Flop so they will either have to bring him in from the cold or splash some more cash.
This is after Flitcroft said last week he wasn't bringing in another defender.

I read that Hayden White the full back broke his ankle yesterday. Wish him all the best but that’s a huge blow for the Stags.

Not sure any conclusions can be made really. Most L1/L2 clubs supplement their squads with loanees these days and you just have to look at Accrington this season and last to show that it doesn't have to be detrimental the following season

We had quite a few decent loan players in 2009-10. Things didn't go too well the following season when they had left.

Depending on how they are used, they can have a detrimental impact on squad moral - the manager obviously doesn't fancy me as he would rather put in a rookie loan player than me, I may as well start looking for somewhere else. We, on the other hand, have brought in a number of loan players over the last 3 years that have failed to do much other than pad out the squad and provide opposition in training matches. I know we signed Harry after his loan, and McCartan is 'loan with a purchase option', but did we sign any of the other loan players?

Depending on how they are used, they can have a detrimental impact on squad moral - the manager obviously doesn't fancy me as he would rather put in a rookie loan player than me, I may as well start looking for somewhere else. We, on the other hand, have brought in a number of loan players over the last 3 years that have failed to do much other than pad out the squad and provide opposition in training matches. I know we signed Harry after his loan, and McCartan is 'loan with a purchase option', but did we sign any of the other loan players?

We signed Billy Knott. We tried to sign Lee Angol.

I remember Hereford going up a few years ago with a number of quality loan players. They came straight back down. If Mansfield do go up, however, I'm sure they will spend big to challenge at the right end of the table.
Theo Robinson being one of those loanees.

Theo Robinson being one of those loanees.
I actually think Robinson would have made a great strike partner for Akinde. Might be wrong, but I can just see Akinde providing assists for him. Green type player but better at finishing when given the opportunity.