Loan keeper | Vital Football

Loan keeper

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
Not sure what to make of this!

Starting a new job in any industry is a daunting prospect, speaking from experience, it takes some getting used to, not least all the changes that come with it. I’m totally supportive of giving players time to settle in, particularly in Killip’s case.

The most isolated position on the field has to be between the sticks, there is no hiding place for a keeper and any error of judgement however slight is magnified one hundred fold.

Personally I would have shown more faith in my keeper, than to bring someone in, possibly only serving to unnerve during an already difficult period in his life. Hignett could easily have brought one of the kids back from loan without looking as though he lacks confidence in his own acquisition.

It’s the players we know who concern me, not the players we know very little about.
:red:

Like you Billy2 I'm not sure what to make of this signing. I'd assume that the Boro expect the lad to get game time, so this must mean that Killip will be dropped and become second choice. Not exactly a confidence building situation for one of our 'marque' summer signings!

Would have made more sense to bring in an experienced goalkeeper rather than an untried player from the Boro.