LNER | Vital Football

LNER

Clearly Liam is announcing a brand new St Andrew's "Ashtons Stand", 10,000 & no 100s seated double-decker with full row of executive boxes, Michelin-starred Doreen Restaurant, escalators to all levels, heated seats, Babylonesque hanging gardens along the middle...

Clearly Liam is announcing a brand new St Andrew's "Ashtons Stand", 10,000 & no 100s seated double-decker with full row of executive boxes, Michelin-starred Doreen Restaurant, escalators to all levels, heated seats, Babylonesque hanging gardens along the middle...

Can you imagine .... the only negative being Thermos flasks are banned. :confused:

Has no-one else thought that it might be a shame if the Stacey West extension obliterated the view of the Cathedral from the ground?

Have to say I'd rather have a view of an extra thousand people (or whatever it may be) watching the game.

But on the principal of what you've never had you never miss, I have to admit the majority of my time at Sincil Bank has been spent watching games from the Railway End/Stacey West so a view of the cathedral has not been part of my experience.

Last edited:
Has no-one else thought that it might be a shame if the Stacey West extension obliterated the view of the Cathedral from the ground?
Simple solution. Turn the Bridge McFarland Stand into a triple decker. No problem with the view of the Cathedral then for those of us who like to get a fix of seeing it.

When the TV comes they normally have a camera on the roof so they may still be able to get the money shot. That it use a drone!

Is the view of the Cathedral an issue ? There are plenty of other occasions when you can look at it, or even visit it. As has been said,the additional revenue from away fans is more important.

Last edited: