LLWLLLLLLLDLLDLLLDLLLDL | Vital Football

LLWLLLLLLLDLLDLLLDLLLDL

Why was Cook going on about strengthening last night?It's obvious we needed strengthening from the moment we went up but instead we spunked a load of cash up the wall on shite. Or was it a dig at Royle?

In the summer it was a million on a kid from Peterborough who's struggling at Gillingham. A 3 year deal given to a league two quality winger to then use him at left back. A piss head has been signed for the midfield. An unfit injury prone winger.

Then in the winter we flogged our best striker and replaced him with a previously failed immobile cart horse. A kid from Everton who's only been seen once in the hoof off at the New York stadium. A nigh on 40 year old centre half brought back to the country. An injury prone winger who hadn't played the 12 months from Cardiff.

That is just the tip of the iceberg but sums up the squad.
Then there's the bare faced lies re tactics.
The total about turn on football philosophy.
The inexperience at this level.

Why was Cook going on about strengthening last night?It's obvious we needed strengthening from the moment we went up but instead we spunked a load of cash up the wall on shite. Or was it a dig at Royle?

In the summer it was a million on a kid from Peterborough who's struggling at Gillingham. A 3 year deal given to a league two quality winger to then use him at left back. A piss head has been signed for the midfield. An unfit injury prone winger.

Then in the winter we flogged our best striker and replaced him with a previously failed immobile cart horse. A kid from Everton who's only been seen once in the hoof off at the New York stadium. A nigh on 40 year old centre half brought back to the country. An injury prone winger who hadn't played the 12 months from Cardiff.

Spot on

A week ago I was worried we wouldn’t get anything from Bristol, Hull, Norwich and Leeds - and we already have one point. Up the Tics ???

Direct quotes from Cook in WEP about our away form "Not much is going to change in the last three away games, that’s for sure.”

“We can’t turn nothing round now,”

Surely as a manager at no point do you accept that there is nothing you can do to try and improve things or effectively write off the upcoming games?! You expect them to be defiant saying we'll fight to the death not just give up on 9 of the remaining 15 points. He wont critasise a bad performance but is saying the players arent good enough and he doesnt think we can get an away result - he's lost the plot - i imagine he'll have a punch up at the pre match presser after the journalists asks him how he is.

It has echos of Roslers effective resignation speach.

Direct quotes from Cook in WEP about our away form "Not much is going to change in the last three away games, that’s for sure.”

“We can’t turn nothing round now,”

Surely as a manager at no point do you accept that there is nothing you can do to try and improve things or effectively write off the upcoming games?! You expect them to be defiant saying we'll fight to the death not just give up on 9 of the remaining 15 points. He wont critasise a bad performance but is saying the players arent good enough and he doesnt think we can get an away result - he's lost the plot - i imagine he'll have a punch up at the pre match presser after the journalists asks him how he is.

It has echos of Roslers effective resignation speach.
if thats true thats shamefull

if thats true thats shamefull

See the link. We've legitimately got posters on here who have more faith in us than the manager himself! The manager is the one person who cant afford to give up - how can you inspire your players to deliver a shock result when you are effectively admitting defeat before a ball is even kicked? If he doesnt believe he can do anything but hope he's got to go. Pathetic leadership.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...etic-boss-sounds-relegation-warning-1-9706790

Last edited:
See the link. We've legitimately got posters on here who have more faith in us than the manager himself! The manager is the one person who cant afford to give up - how can you inspire your players to deliver a shock result when you are effectively admitting defeat before a ball is even kicked? If he doesnt believe he can do anything but hope he's got to go. Pathetic leadership.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...etic-boss-sounds-relegation-warning-1-9706790

He should be sacked for those comments alone.

I concede, they seem very strange. Can't even apply any context to them. Is he really that defeatist? Surely not.

He's not defeatist - he's a very naughty boy
Off to Euxton with me paint brush - that long wall will just about fit in the welsh letters :surrender:

I concede, they seem very strange. Can't even apply any context to them. Is he really that defeatist? Surely not.

Out of depth and out of ideas. Utterly unacceptable for any manager at any club to talk like that with their survival hanging in the balance and just 5 games to go. We need a never say die attitude and determination to turn it around not a 'not my fault, what can i do about it, it's them not me' pathetic passing the buck. He's not a leader, just a bottle job with comments like that.

Can't imagine Millwall, Reading, Rotherham managers talking like that - and if they did they'd be sacked the next day - but our club has turned a blind eye for months so they will just do it again and again until it's too late. I was worried we were probably going down but thought we had a chance of 4th bottom - now after hearing that i can't see us staying up - if he's given up and just clinging on waiting for his pay off then how is he going to pull anything out of the players that he is throwing under the bus?

Last edited:
I thought he was very poor at the fans forum laughing ad joking about the away form ......... For a manager at this level he is way out of his depth

Right, just listening to his Norwich preview, I reckon there was indeed a context. He was talking about the fact that he doesn't specifically intend to change the approach to future games, or the tactics . He reckons that the team has been set up to do a job ...... a job they were doing to plan ....... and then the individual mistakes cock things up.

He certainly seemed more upbeat......... and no worries re Powell.

Lets go and throttle a canary or two.

Millwall manager vs Cook direct quote comparison

Harris:
'if it takes until the 90th minute at Wigan then that’s what it has to be. We’ll battle every minute for the remaining part of the season. When we get safe is down to how we perform and play in the coming weeks. We want to be safe as soon as possible, but if it takes until then, then it takes until then.”

Cook:
hopefully the falling short won’t stop us staying in this league, and then the challenges ahead this summer will be big and strong. We might stay up by the skin of our teeth, and then it becomes a big summer for Wigan Athletic.”

It's shocking the utter lack of fight or belief in us.

Millwall manager vs Cook direct quote comparison

Harris:
'if it takes until the 90th minute at Wigan then that’s what it has to be. We’ll battle every minute for the remaining part of the season. When we get safe is down to how we perform and play in the coming weeks. We want to be safe as soon as possible, but if it takes until then, then it takes until then.”

Cook:
hopefully the falling short won’t stop us staying in this league, and then the challenges ahead this summer will be big and strong. We might stay up by the skin of our teeth, and then it becomes a big summer for Wigan Athletic.”

It's shocking the utter lack of fight or belief in us.
Don't think it's a lack of belief, it's just a pubic kick up the arse for our players. Cut out the silly mistakes and play the way I know you can, or I'll have to make some changes as you've shown me you haven't got the bottle for this league.