Living without food or water...Can it be done? | Vital Football

Living without food or water...Can it be done?

G

A Sri Lankan man claims he has survived without food for the last five years.
Although experts believe humans can only live for two months without a meal, Kirby de Lanerolle insists he has only needed fresh air as nourishment.
The breatharian also claims his lifestyle - which he says harnesses light, wind and the 'vibrations of God' - can reverse the ageing process and make him immortal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350754/Sri-Lankan-man-claims-lived-eating-food-FIVE-YEARS.html#ixzz2XWvvHRTy

Fascinating stuff...However this guy has gone 70 years;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlad_Jani

Must be bloody hungry.

As far as I know, one of the IRA hunger strikers lasted 73 days.

heres an idea, green tea can try it and say its a test of faith, surely god will provide ....

think if i remember rightly the average man would not survive 3 days with out water.

Beovilla - 28/6/2013 17:57

Must be bloody hungry.

Bobby Sands they should have forced fed him because it was a great publicity stunt for the bastards.

gator - 28/6/2013 19:00

Beovilla - 28/6/2013 17:57

Must be bloody hungry.

Bobby Sands they should have forced fed him because it was a great publicity stunt for the bastards.

Kevin Lynch lasted 71 days and he was INLA. Magi refused to bend to them what a woman

It back fired though Skegg because their popularity shot up didn't they put Bobby Sands up as a Sinn Fein politician even though he was in jail and starving to death.

What a load old horse shit!!!!! Living without food? Where did he get his nourishment from? Steve Bruce's potato head thoughts?? I read things like that and get annoyed that a paper from our country could write such drivel, next thing you know they will be saying things like Benteke signs for Spuds, PHWAR!!

thefacehead - 28/6/2013 22:03

Steve Bruce's potato head thoughts??

Why of course here are Steve Bruce's latest thoughts just for you dude

[youtube=mG6jgDxCJJ4]

Is it possible to sort of merge this in with the "overweight people" thread.It might help even things out a little !
:17:

Havent read the article as Im on my phone, but. I assume the person in question spends a lot of time meditating. I know people that have meditated in caves for upwards of 30 days, 20+ hrs a day with just water and the odd apple. Everything we can see feel or touch is energy and moving. A block of wood, stone etc are all energy moving at a slower rate than our perception can take in. This person is will be what can be termed' enlightened' and able to draw in sufficient source energy/ cosmic energy, call it what you will to not need to derive his energy source from food like the rest of us.Unlike the stone or wood examples, this energy will be super high in vibration and this person a master in harnessing it. Absolutely no doubt in my mind there are people able to do this though.

Hmmm, I thought the average human survival was paramount to the 3 threes.

Three minutes without oxygen
Three days without water
Three weeks without food

There are of course exceptions to this with people training themselves to hold their breath for up to 10 minutes. So I guess someone could extend (perhaps even indefinitely) the amount of time they can go without food. But there is no way they could survive without water for that length of time.

Its like anything, if you cant actually believe it from how you are made up, the understanding of such topic just passes you by...ie from the moment you are born, data enters your brain and creates the person you are today. There is no such thing as more intelligent or a thick person because the data entered and stored will differ from one person to another. A tramp for instance, he will understand how to survive a winter on the streets, how to find food, keep warm etc where a "clever" businessman stick him on the street for one cold winter and he might just end up dead. Its the same for some of these tribes in Africa and South America, they too will have data stored in their brains that will differ from what some on here will call intelligent. Life is not just about knowing what 6 x 12 is. It is something that cannot be judged because intelligence on the grand scale of life, is just about living your life in a world where eventually everything will die. Its about how you spend your time here.

If you had said to some guy 1000 years ago that one day we will be talking, sending pictures in an instant all over the world, he would not have believed you. In fact everyone would labelled you a dickhead.

We hear of a guy that can live a tremendous amount of time without food or water and because it is not believable in your mind set..It is deemed as a stupid hoax or lie..Yet he is living his life in a mindset that far outweighs many on these forums. If he dies tomorrow he will have lived a life, in his mind as fulfilled and at peace. He didnt need alcohol, drugs, football, maths, science, politics etc etc in his life. He just sleeps in his cave,then wakes up and spends the rest of day meditating. It just another man's way of getting through his innings. And who on here can knock it?

I just keep an open mind that it can, or could not happen. Either way I like anything that defies what your so called intelligent people find hard to understand.