Liverpool | Vital Football

Liverpool

Scrap first lineup, forgot about Emi too lol:

Krul, aarons, godfrey, lewis, klose, trybull, mclean, hernandez, emi, cantwell, pukki!

I’d go:

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Klose Lewis
Trybull Leitner
Buendia Stiepermann Hernandez
Pukki

I think DF will go Krul, Aarons, Lewis, Hanley, Godfrey, Trybull, McLean, Buendia, Hernandez, Steiperman Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann, Klose, Cantwell, Leitner, Vrancic, Roberts, Drmic

Last edited:
An excellent analogy Tuckster and my thoughts entirely. I gave the team I think DF will play but I would go the same as you. I think he will start with Hanley because Timm is not match fit. I also think DF prefers Kenny to Mo. (personally I would always play Mario when he is fully fit.

Super Mario will certainly make the bench, he’s not match fit enough to start though, barely had a pre-season. Could come on and score us a late free kick

So what do we all reckon, do we go to Anfield and park the bus hoping for a draw or to at least keep the score down? Or do we see it as a free hit and go for it!?

So what do we all reckon, do we go to Anfield and park the bus hoping for a draw or to at least keep the score down? Or do we see it as a free hit and go for it!?
Dont tbink parkong the bus is the style of this side but might have to be in a few ganes if so then the personnel in the 11 might need to be different. A criticism of DF was he never had a plan b and it was always just 4-2-3-1 this season he will be tested.

I do worry that sane, salah and co will cause issues for our defence. Also pukki will need support because van dijk will be bloody tough to beat.

Df could pack the midfield and eve go from a 4-5-1 to a 4-3-2-1 and even 4-2-3-1

Krul

Aarons
Klose
Godfrey
Lewis

Hernandez
Trybull
McLean
Leitner
Buendia

Pukki

Good bench too

Cantwell - Roberts - Hanley - Byram - Drmic - Stiepermann - Farhmann

One option could be to get some more defensive players on and go with a 3-5-2 or a 3-5-1-1.
You could have three centre backs like Godfrey, Klose and Lewis and then have say, Aarons and Heise on the flanks with a midfield of maybe Trybull, McLean and Leitner and then Stiepermann and Pukki.
You could interchange those players and maybe swap Lewis for Heise, I’m just aware that Lewis had to play centre back in pre season and did quite well, by all accounts, or add a Buendia or a Hernandez to give you more of a counter attacking threat.
Lots of options but parking the bus for 90 minutes is not our style and I wouldn’t want us to. Nothing wrong with being a bit more defensively minded and looking for the counter away from home.
That’s where someone like Hernandez really helps.

Fellas I usually try to be optimistic, but I fear a bit of a thumping here. Generally I think we will do well in the PL, but for this one? Not for me, I fear we will concede 4/5 goals...especially now Klose is out. No shame in that, they are European champions, one of the best attacks in the world...

Do fancy us to score one, maybe two though.

Klose is another of those players who is injury prone and is a reason why a central defender maybe should have been signed. Klose only just back and is out again. Say Hanley gets injured tomorrow what do we do? Playing Lewis at centre back is risky and then I guess you'd have to look at maybe Heise or Amadou. Hanley will give his all but I am not convinced he will be good enough and I am now worried.

Agree with you, Olly. Liverpool handed out 4-0 thumpings to all the bottom six last year and if we don’t concede at least three then all those pundits will wonder what the hell is going on!
Our possession game will help us and we should always be a threat on the counter in these type of games. Hanley worries me but if Amadou becomes a regular in the team then he should be a big asset.
I’m equally excited and concerned about this game. Head v heart scenario...