Liverpool | Page 7 | Vital Football

Liverpool

Do you guys think if it was pukki who had scored like mane would VAR have overturned it for a push?

Why did Zimmermann jump and miss it if mane didn't touch him? Zimmermann did the same against arsenal but handballed it.
Most likely

Great article from the heart Tuckster.
I agree with all of it.

There were annoying salesmen on Carrow Road after the game trying to flog those terrible half and half scarves, getting in the way of fans trying to walk away in the wet weather and get home.
What is the point of them ? There is none at all.

As for the game. Not disgraced BUT a reminder of how we should have played for 90 minutes against Villa, Wolves, Sheffield, Watford where it would be likely to have another 12 more points. If we had achieved that then a 1 0 loss against the scousers would have been tolerable.
25 points clear. Any need to sing ' going down ' to us ?

Regarding plastics, there was an announcement that return train ticket had been found in the City Stand so I suggested if it was to Dereham it could well be a so called Liverpool supporter !

As you know I have just returned from Cricket in South Africa and due to it being rather unsafe we went on an organised Barmy Army tour this time.
There were a group of about 80 of us and all proper sports fans.
We had many discussions over the 2 weeks and it was refreshing that none of the fans I spoke to or saw were big 6 plastic fans.
There were us with City shirts and other chaps from Bristol, Northampton, Hull Palace and Leeds as well as Rubgy fans.
Not a plastic in sight and a treat to hear about their support for England all over the world and their clubs all over England.

Last edited:
Do you guys think if it was pukki who had scored like mane would VAR have overturned it for a push?

Why did Zimmermann jump and miss it if mane didn't touch him? Zimmermann did the same against arsenal but handballed it.
Whenever you listen to the media, you can tell that they all want Liverpool to finish as the best team ever and I am convinced VAR decisions are based on that assumption. Pukki in identical circumstances would have been denied the goal.

nice write up as usual tucks
I am still gutted as we held our own with a well disciplined Liverpool side. I was surprised at the lack of determination from Duda and that DF did not replace him. Rupp definately had a better chance of scoring before passing to TP and Emi plus Drmic were brought on much too late. With 12 games to go, an educated guess is 3 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses. The draws will have to be wins and teams around us losing to stand any chance of survival. Do miracles happen ? Only if video assisted referees are abandoned. So I guess not.

It's strange that DF doesn't react sooner in games. I mean we could see that Liverpool were getting on top so if you were going to stick with the draw them throw on Godfrey for Rupp or Duda, then when we got on top you could see they didn't like Cantwell running at them so throw on emi and Hernandez for Duda and Rupp, then when they scored you'd think he'd say sod it lets go for it and throw on the above players but no he waited until 86th to throw on drmic and emi but then kept same bloody formation but with pukki on right?

It's strange that DF doesn't react sooner in games. I mean we could see that Liverpool were getting on top so if you were going to stick with the draw them throw on Godfrey for Rupp or Duda, then when we got on top you could see they didn't like Cantwell running at them so throw on emi and Hernandez for Duda and Rupp, then when they scored you'd think he'd say sod it lets go for it and throw on the above players but no he waited until 86th to throw on drmic and emi but then kept same bloody formation but with pukki on right?
Agreed, he sub timings have always been off key for me, waited 5 whole minutes when we went 1 down to make attacking subs, non sensical

Oh well we didnt expect anything, we have them a hard game in both matches, more than some of the better teams have done - sore consolation I know.

The problem being that DF, must be a good coach during the week as the majority of the players on Saturday actually looked good enough to win the game. The problem is that DF is not 100% on the day when it comes to tactics. Maybe he needs some help on this topic.

The problem being that DF, must be a good coach during the week as the majority of the players on Saturday actually looked good enough to win the game. The problem is that DF is not 100% on the day when it comes to tactics. Maybe he needs some help on this topic.
Agreed. I remember reading on a PinkUn debate that DF sees subbing players as a punishment and doesn't like to sub players early. Sometimes it is a sign that a player is playing badly but DF needs to see it as a need in games.

DFs decision not to play one of Europes best players in Buendia was a classic !
Yeah very strange. I think looking at it now we started as 4-2-3-1 but then reverted to a 4-3-2-1. With Rupp slotting in as a 3rd central midfielder. Next game emi in for Rupp. Duda does better in an attacking style

Question if Lewis suddenly becomes unavailable who plays left back? And sane question with Aarons? Seems odd that we moved husband and Hiese on with No back up signed for LB. Byram was our RB backup.

Would Godfrey slot in as RB if Aarons out? If so that would affect the style. Would someone like stiepermann him in at left back? That would be scary.