Liverpool v Manchester City Premier league:- October 7, 2018, KO- 4:30pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT | Page 9 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Manchester City Premier league:- October 7, 2018, KO- 4:30pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT

Full Time Stat Attack:
Liverpool 0 Manchester City 0
Possession: 49% v 51%
Shots: 7 v 6
On Target: 2 v 2
Corners: 2 v 6
Fouls: 10 v 10
Bookings: 1 v 3

No, we gave a great account of ourselves. Just that one moment of quality needed
Just watching the recording, into the first half and ratboy and what’s his name already making excuses for Liverpool. We should have had a penalty in the first 30 mins Lovren on Sergio Aguero, but once we had stemmed the opening salvo, we look slightly the better team.

I also note the the bbc could only come up with negative comments, ie Aguero not scorin* and this is City’s lowest possession % etc

Just watching the recording, into the first half and ratboy and what’s his name already making excuses for Liverpool. We should have had a penalty in the first 30 mins Lovren on Sergio Aguero, but once we had stemmed the opening salvo, we look slightly the better team.

I also note the the bbc could only come up with negative comments, ie Aguero not scorin* and this is City’s lowest possession % etc

Given our abysmal record in this fixture a more balanced appraisal would be crediting how we took the game to the home team after weathering the initial pressure (JB’s ‘dogs chasing sticks’ analogy is brilliant :ROFLMAO:) and nearly came away with all three points

Oh for an Elano or Mario when it comes to pens, but a miserable conversion rate from Mahrez he should have been nowhere near the ball when it was placed on the spot.

I read the message came from the touch line for Maherz to take the penalty but why on earth Merlin didn’t take it is beyond me.
Still a good point to get and I would think Pep is quite happy with it as opposed to Klopp

I read the message came from the touch line for Maherz to take the penalty but why on earth Merlin didn’t take it is beyond me.
Still a good point to get and I would think Pep is quite happy with it as opposed to Klopp

I was thinking the same but then when I checked the stats I see he's only ever taken one penalty ( shootouts not inc.) for City back in 12/13 and missed it.

Context is everything - Liverpool will be happy with a point considering they could easily have got nothing and we have shown that we have got the measure of our one 'bogey' team. Maybe Ederson should take the next one when Aguero is unavailable, apparently he is quite keen.

I was thinking the same but then when I checked the stats I see he's only ever taken one penalty ( shootouts not inc.) for City back in 12/13 and missed it.

That was a shocker against Southampton in the first game of the season at home. Think it was 0-0 at the time, early in the game.
Virtually passed it to the keeper.