Liverpool v Manchester City Premier league:- October 7, 2018, KO- 4:30pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Liverpool v Manchester City Premier league:- October 7, 2018, KO- 4:30pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Gosh, where do we start, On Sunday The Centurions travel to Ambushfield to play the People's Champions.

Liverpool
I was going to mention the reception given to City at the Champions League game last season condoned by Liverpool FC and ably abetted by the Merseyside Police who supplied the route and because of concerns this season that the same will sort of reception will occur the media (All of them) have told us that Manchester City will travel a different route to Anfield to play Liverpool on Sunday following their team bus being attacked before a Champions League tie against the Reds last season. I do expect however that there will be no recurrence of the atrocious behaviour by Liverpool fans and that the extra Police resources will be wasted as overkill and months too late.

injury table Liverpool
There was a stretcher but it is empty, apparently looked serious for Keite but apparently, he wanted it to look good but is OK and City fans are well pleased that it is not serious and that he is able to take the field on Sunday (if picked)

Famous people who do not support Liverpool FC
The Queen

Head to head last six meetings - City's record

W1 D1 L4 GF11 GA12

City have lost the last 4 meetings including the ICC friendly in the USA.

Liverpool
are unbeaten in 17 home matches against Man City in all competitions (W12 D5) since losing 2-1 at Anfield in the Premier League in May 2003. It is high time that this sequence was interrupted

Match Officials
Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Stephen Child, Lee Betts
Fourth official: Stuart Attwell

Manchester City Injury News
Kevin de Bruyne (out - but back in training)
Fabian Delph (out)
Benjamin Mendy (out)
Ilkay Gundogan (Doubtful)

latest odds

Liverpool 13/8 Draw 9/5 City 17/10

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I'm finding it difficult to be optimistic. So many times now the offals have ruined our 'big games' with their terrible decisions - none of them in our favour.

I really don't mind losing (not that I enjoy it, mind!), but I hate to be cheated.

To be honest, I'm finding it difficult to be optimistic. So many times now the offals have ruined our 'big games' with their terrible decisions - none of them in our favour.

I really don't mind losing (not that I enjoy it, mind!), but I hate to be cheated.
can't wait for VAR, I know some of the decisions will go against us and the only way round it, if the agenda is not to review certain decisions that look in our favour #kierandandIanareparanoid

I agree, Buzz - VAR, as it has manifest itself so far, lacks all transparency. It seems to me as if 'the authorities' are trying to retain control of all decisions, and this is just lip-service to placate the fans.

If we stick with 3 up top and go for it, then we have a good chance. Have watched the Dippers last two games and they are not playing that well. It will be hard for us with Red Kev out, but we can do it, come on City!!

Liverpool are the one team I fear but there is no reason we can't go to Anfield and get a point. If it wasn't for some refereeing decisions which with hindsight appeared to be incorrect then it might well have been us in last seasons' CL final. Salah isn't firing on all cylinders (yet) and Alisson looks like he has a goal in him so who knows...

Liverpool are the one team I fear but there is no reason we can't go to Anfield and get a point. If it wasn't for some refereeing decisions which with hindsight appeared to be incorrect then it might well have been us in last seasons' CL final. Salah isn't firing on all cylinders (yet) and Alisson looks like he has a goal in him so who knows...

I know what you mean Kenny, I would be happy with a point, but not at the expense of parking the 'Mourinho bus'

I know what you mean Kenny, I would be happy with a point, but not at the expense of parking the 'Mourinho bus'

I think parking the bus is the one thing Pep doesn't have in his armoury - plus I imagine there'd be dressing room unrest not seen anywhere this side of Manchester.

Just listening to Steve Mcmanamanamanamanam on 5Live - he is going for Liverpool so now surprises there. But at least he got Gaz N sent off in the derby... so in some ways a City 'Legend'.

Also hearing Blue Mendy and Red Kev might be back for Sunday - really hope they're given the extra few weeks to fully recover, it's only October.

I think it just mind games telling the opposition that injured players are fit. It is not normal that managers will tell who is playing in such a big game.

Let’s hope we can keep them out for as long as possible because we will stay strong, we need a strong fair refereee and no controversy

We do need to be resilient, but Pep’s desire to press forward does give this opposition space they can work with.

I have little faith in Atkinson withstanding the pressure from the baying home crowd or the sight of Klippitty Klopp leaping around on the touchline. I expect Milyneymar to be given much latitude to dole out the treatment.

Talking of whom, has he popped up with his usual snide comments about the club that gave him a good living for five years including trophies and the offer of a new contract?

I expect Milyneymar to be given much latitude to dole out the treatment.

Talking of whom, has he popped up with his usual snide comments about the club that gave him a good living for five years including trophies and the offer of a new contract?

Will this be the same 'treatment' he 'doled' out when he played for us?

Yes, and if he scores I hope he celebrates it as a goal for his current club - not many players leave this club and have a dig at them.

I note Skoorb his trophies and medals with Liverpool are all runners up medals he deserves at least another runners up medal for his loyalty.