Liverpool v Manchester City- KO- 4.30pm GMT Sunday10th November 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Manchester City- KO- 4.30pm GMT Sunday10th November 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

When do we think that the Liverpool ™ failed Insufferability Index is going to max out?

It is already building.....they are as cocky as f**k

Think it's going to be very difficult for us - I don't have a great deal of confidence in our defence at present, particularly against Liverpools' forward line plus their defence is pretty solid but then again our attack is pretty good too! Maybe it will be whoever wins the midfield battle, F25 in there with Stonesy and NO30 behind him.

Is Bernardo fit? - he is both injured and in Buzz's potential starting XI.

Neither side has been brilliant this season and Lawro gets it spot on with his assessment - although Liverpool do seem to be pulling results out of the last minute bag ie Villa and the goalies' mistake against Sheffield Utd. Let's hope it deserts them on Sunday.

Think it's going to be very difficult for us - I don't have a great deal of confidence in our defence at present, particularly against Liverpools' forward line plus their defence is pretty solid but then again our attack is pretty good too! Maybe it will be whoever wins the midfield battle, F25 in there with Stonesy and NO30 behind him.

Is Bernardo fit? - he is both injured and in Buzz's potential starting XI.

Neither side has been brilliant this season and Lawro gets it spot on with his assessment - although Liverpool do seem to be pulling results out of the last minute bag ie Villa and the goalies' mistake against Sheffield Utd. Let's hope it deserts them on Sunday.

Sorry Kenny I do a lot of MDT in advance and miss little things like that, thank you for pointing it out. Bernardo is fit, and i have amended the initial post.

From the City hierarchy.....

".....want a guarantee from Liverpool there will be no repeat of the scenes of 18 months ago"

The Guardian: Manchester City fear repeat of bus attack after message to Liverpool fans.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...us-attack-message-liverpool-fans-social-media

So far the route hasn't been shared by the dippers or the police but it is early days.

I am so glad that this has been picked up by a major newspaper and now i expect the Liverpool fans to behave, but if they do cause trouble I expect the FA to react and make sure that this never happens again, they failed miserably last time like the Police who won't or cannot touch the 'untouchables'

Lawro gets it spot on with his assessment -

Apart from downplaying how significant our injuries have been. We haven't had the luxury of fielding a settled side all season because not only do we have the long term injuries to key players to deal with but have also picked up a stupid amonut of short term injuries so far this season.

He is being disingenuous, if roles were reversed he would put a lot more emphasis on the impact injuries have had.

Ederson
Laporte
Rodri
Silva

Almost half our first choice XI

Just keep it respectable lads, please.

So on Sunday we will be missing....

1st choice keeper
1st choice centre back
Last season's 1st choice left back
One of the Premier League's best midfielder & our club captain
1st choice holding midfielder
2017/18 Young player of the year and lightning fast winger.

Ederson
Laporte
Rodri
Silva

Almost half our first choice XI

Just keep it respectable lads, please.
Doubtless much will be made of the "depth of City's squad" but I would defy anyone to deny that removing that many first choice quality players from your side is not going to impact your ability to win a game when the margins between the teams are so wafer thin.

Doubtless much will be made of the "depth of City's squad" but I would defy anyone to deny that removing that many first choice quality players from your side is not going to impact your ability to win a game when the margins between the teams are so wafer thin.

I think otherwise. I think much will be done to undermine Bravo in this lead-up to the match, they think he is a clown and will try to play this to the full by showing his mistakes we are only human, I hope he has a thick skin.

The media are capable of a two printed attack and are no strangers to the concept of doublethink (the ability to hold two contradictory beliefs in your head at the same time and believe both simultaneously).

They have already begun with the questioning of Bravo drawing thus rebuke from Pep. I know he detests his media obligations. I know exactly why.

We have another keeper. Claudio Bravo and he can do it, too. I have every confidence in him.
“We won the Carabao Cup thanks to Claudio. He is an exceptional keeper and has won a lot of international games and tournaments with Chile. I have no doubts.
"Why shouldn't I be confident with my players? Just because he doesn't play regularly I would not like to be a player if my manager has doubts about me. I know how good a keeper he is.
"This guy has years in an incredible career at a top level won the Copa America. Respect he guy. Incredibly, top keeper"

Statement from Merseyside 'police'....

"We are aware of one poster on social media regarding a bus welcome. The corresponding last fixture ran smoothly and we are working to ensure this game can be enjoyed safely by all as well as minimising any disruption to local residents and roads."
Unpublished portion probably reads "at an unspecified time prior to the match there will be an unfortunate and untraceable leak of the route to be taken be the City team bus as per our previous m.o."

Statement from Merseyside 'police'....

"We are aware of one poster on social media regarding a bus welcome. The corresponding last fixture ran smoothly and we are working to ensure this game can be enjoyed safely by all as well as minimising any disruption to local residents and roads."

Aware of one poster. How many posters was it last time?

Aware of one poster. How many posters was it last time?

I know utterly irrelevant given its circulation on the interweb. A more lukewarm, insipid, limp statement you could not ask for. Says absolutely nothing about the illegality of carrying flares or criminal damage, harassment it intimidation or any consequences if people do so. Pathetic.

Toss pots.

Last edited: