Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky | Page 4 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky

I hope Dean plays same team that ended last game, he will stick to his 4-3-3 though i would assume.

After the tragic news today......I mean Grealish out for the rest of the season...
Announce a 4-0 liverpool win.

Just heard we are wearing the 3rd kit for this one, so any nagging doubts about if we can pull off a result have now been extinguished.
Home win.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we reverted to a 4,3,3 Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn, Trezeguet on the left, Traore on the right with Watkins up front, be as defensive and keep it as solid as we can and try and hit them on the counter.

I’ll go for a hard fought 0-0, Watkins not having the service, Trezeguet reverting to smashing them high and wide and Traore running into dead ends, in truth depending what Villa or Liverpool side turn up the score line really could be anyone’s guess.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we reverted to a 4,3,3 Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn, Trezeguet on the left, Traore on the right with Watkins up front, be as defensive and keep it as solid as we can and try and hit them on the counter.

I’ll go for a hard fought 0-0, Watkins not having the service, Trezeguet reverting to smashing them high and wide and Traore running into dead ends, in truth depending what Villa or Liverpool side turn up the score line really could be anyone’s guess.
Just can't see a 0-0 myself.

I'm hoping that Liverpool make a few changes with an eye on their CL second leg vs Real next week but realistically, I think they'll go for it and see us off.

Its time for something different. I doubt we will play 2 up top. So how about a 433

Martinez
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
McGinn Marvelous Ramsey
Trez Bert Watkins

Bert has played down the middle before and scored goals. I know its not goung to happen but it would be nice to try some thing else to get us going again.

Just can't see a 0-0 myself.

I'm hoping that Liverpool make a few changes with an eye on their CL second leg vs Real next week but realistically, I think they'll go for it and see us off.

My reasoning is we’ve only conceded 14 goals in 29 games, we’re normally more up for it in the big games and without Grealish we’ll just put a lot of hard work into it without actually scoring, but also denying them any chances, could easily be totally wrong but like you say they’ll still have one eye on the CL, at the same time they’ll want to write some wrongs with their 7-2 defeat but also know we’re pretty toothless without Grealish.

Come on you lot. Grow a pair! This is the team we thrashed 7-2 earlier in the season. Deservedly.

We had a game plan to which they didn't have an answer. The same game plan should cause them trouble this time around. The defence and midfield needs to be on the ball and solid. We need to get in behind them on attack. I think Dean will go for that. He'll have to find out how to do it without Jack. But I think it's a damned sight easier to get the players up for it to put one over Liverpool than it is to do it for the cloggers down the table.

Liverpool are in trouble. Home form in shreds, fighting on two fronts and finding it difficult. We don't have that pressure. It'll be a fascinating game. They might flatten us. But I don't think so. I think their confidence is in tatters.

Really loving Lawro’s nicely balanced BBC sport preview (below) of Liverpool v Aston Villa where he doesn’t actually mention Aston Villa .

What a penis.

‘When these sides met earlier in the season it was the first sign that things were not all going to go Liverpool's way this time.
The Reds started the game at Villa Park with their first-choice central-defensive pairing of Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, but still lost 7-2.
It was a day to forget for Jurgen Klopp's side but, if you'd told me then what would happen to their home form this season, I wouldn't have believed you.
So, it would be huge for Jurgen Klopp's side if they can take the three points at Anfield on Saturday - something they haven't done in any of their past eight games there, since 16 December.

A home win would get that monkey off their back ahead of the visit of Real Madrid in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Wednesday, but it is far more important in terms of keeping them in touch with the top four’

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

I'm more pissed off that Steve Guttenberg also went with 2-0 to Liverpool.

I won't be watching any Police Academy movies for the foreseeable future.

If we try and play 4-3-3 which to me is an attacking formation with Trez, it’ll end up more 4-5-1 which is a defensive one, and Ollie will be isolated even more.

That said if we come away with a 0-0, I’d equally be delighted with that - but I can’t see it. There will be goals for sure we need to figure out how we can get at least 1 if not 2.

Bang up for this one chaps.

A nice win this afternoon , followed by Minella Times winning the National and Justin Thomas winning the golf and the weekend would be pretty nigh perfect.

COME ON YOU LIONS

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

To be honest with no Jack and Liverpool out for revenge, I don't fancy us at all.
I think our lack of leaders on the pitch is now showing as we approach the serious end of the season, we are the youngest team in the league after all therefore the least experienced team but we sure ain't the worst.
We'll no doubt do our best but I don't think we'll be winning 7-2

When you can actually find a UK national radio station talking about sport and other events going on in the world rather than continually mourning the death of Prince Phillip then every pundit I've heard has written us off and all the ones I've heard have predicted a scouse win with 3-0 seeming what they generally think will happen?

The only way to shut up these clueless gobshites is to give it a 110% and if we do that and keep it tight at the back then I see no reason why we can't get at least a draw out of this game as on the day, we have the players to win so come on you Villa boys let's get stuck into them.

It would be wonderful to hear all these scouse-loving people crying into their beers after the game and you can guarantee that all they would talk about is how Liverpool lost the game rather than how Villa won it.

As you can gather I have zero tolerance or time for the scouse gits........Never have and never will.;):utv::utv:

Last edited: