Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
The 'Dippers' up next then.

They looked like the Liverpool of last season in their 3-0 takedown of Arsenal at the weekend. Typical that they might be finding form prior to our encounter.

I can't see a repeat of the result from earlier in the season and the jury has to be out on whether Jack Grealish will be ft for this one. Not a conspiracy theorist but he must be the most unlucky player I've ever heard of for getting a knock on the eve of his "return" to the side :hmmm:

Will Keinan Davis get rewarded for his cameo on Sunday? Will Trez get the nod for his heroics? Or will Deano maintain his policy of not tinkering too much with the starting XI?

Assuming Jack won't be playing, DS will keep to his usual.

Liverpool?..... Yeah, they're just getting their mojo back, just in time for us. They'll want to put things straight after the debacle earlier in the season. It's going to be tough is my guess.

We’re going to have to defend from the front in this one. Maybe use Keinan to rough them up a bit and give Ollie some support.
.............................Martinez

Cash..........Konsa.....Mings........Targett

....................Luiz.....Ramsey..

.....................McGinn...

Traore....................Davies................Watkins

Trez to come on if this isn’t working or to finish Liverpool off when they tire.

Is this the type of game we designate as a free hit?

We do need someone on the pitch who can bully their fragile defence.

They will be trying their hardest to avenge the 7-2.

Well Mrs M has kindly arranged a meet up and dog walk with friends next Saturday PM. :slap:
Its a bit difficult to get out of as due to the obvious we have seen them once in nearly 18 months .:shrug:.

As for the game ( and probably why I’m not that massively fussed). Due to our really poor performances of late, Liverpool being nowhere near as bad as made out and in good nick after Arsenal , and the shit we caused them after the 7-2 I do fear a bit of a drubbing.

That and I feel a bit going through he motions now . Bored of not going to games and watching on tv. We are just playing to be top 10 now. Which is fine and dandy in the grand scheme of course but I’m old school and don’t see playing for mid table as much of a thing . Why I loved the championship, we were always playing for something , well certainly for 2 seasons anyhow.

Liverpool go to Real Madrid on Wednesday. There is no reason why we can't go there and give them a good game. Haven't they lost 6 on the spin at home now ?

Will Keinan Davis get rewarded for his cameo on Sunday? Will Trez get the nod for his heroics? Or will Deano maintain his policy of not tinkering too much with the starting XI?

I think this is the perfect game for Davis, he's a bully and their CBs are very inexperienced. I believe its a game he could easily dominate, dare I say, ala Benteke vs. Liverpool style.

Trez will most likely come in for Ghazi, but apart from that think it'll be the same XI. Maybe Nakamba for Luiz or Sanson to make things more solid?

I'd bite your hand off for 0-0. We just need to be tight, compact and not make any silly mistakes. Who knows, we may even nick one, as their defence is still all over the place.

I said to Mrs C&BB after the game on Sunday that I was predicting 6 points from the next 3 games - assuming Jack the Pimpernel is back. The Boggies is a given so we either roll over Plop or Citeh. Either will do and I would prefer Plop for the kudos of taking 6 points of the champions.
If The Pimpernel is back, then the usual back 4, Marv, Ginny and Sanson in the middle and Ollie, Jack and Bert up front.
If Jack is still missing play 442 with Ollie and Davis up front.

I didn't realise that Liverpools second leg of the Champions League quarter final is next week , so if they are still in with a shout after tonight , then there is every chance they will make some changes Saturday and rest a few key players.

We’re going to have to defend from the front in this one. Maybe use Keinan to rough them up a bit and give Ollie some support.
.............................Martinez

Cash..........Konsa.....Mings........Targett

....................Luiz.....Ramsey..

.....................McGinn...

Traore....................Davies................Watkins

Trez to come on if this isn’t working or to finish Liverpool off when they tire.

Is this the type of game we designate as a free hit?

I like this for this particular game. Davis to hold the ball up which is a good thing against better opposition sometimes, and Ollie to get in around the back of AAT with his pace and link up with Davis if he can afford to push up.

I can’t see it happening though.