Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky | Page 2 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 10 April @ 3pm - Sky

If Davis starts against the Champions after 1 assist and 2 goals in 67 appearences then I'll be calling for Smith's head.

Luckily I don't think he's that stupid.

Assuming Jack is unavailable, it’s either Davis or one of Trez/AEG... I think I’d rather Davis for this one. It depends how the games plays out tactically, sometimes against better teams you just want counter attack pace in your front three so Trez might make sense as he can counter and defend.

We defended superbly against them last time. Stuck to the job, didn't panic when they scored. Played with belief. No reason why we can't do the same this time.

The key is getting in behind them without SJG (if he's not playing). Don't know if DS can solve it but he'll be thinking about it.

A confident, in-form Davis can definitely bully Liverpool's weak back line.

However can we keep them out? Probably not. Either way I have a feeling both teams will score a couple... 3-2 either way

Stay tight and defend from the front, don't give them any time to be composed on the ball.

Actually I would play Davis on this one from the off, I think his physicality would cause Liverpool all kinds of problems.

Lets face it Dean needs to try something different because the team is very flat and uninspiring at the moment with lots of individual players on poor form and collectively they look meh.

A difficult game to pick, I can see us just edging it over the two legs.
Seriously who knows if Jack plays we are in with a shout if not we might scrape a 0-0.
I can see Trze in for whoever, reverting back to the headless chicken and getting subbed off at 75 mins.
Get your money on Watkins ..............playing the full 90 regardless is about the only certain thing