Liverpool face threat of Carabao Cup expulsion as EFL investigates third-round win | Vital Football

Liverpool face threat of Carabao Cup expulsion as EFL investigates third-round win

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
It has come to light according to reports that Liverpool may have used an ineligible player when they played MK Dons in midweek.

The EFL is investigating possible issues with the international clearance of midfielder Pedro Chirivella, used as a Sub on Wednesday.

However only a few clubs would survive an investigation and be allowed to remain in the competition, Liverpool is one of them I think.

hands up all those who think that if the player was ineligible that Liverpool will be thrown out of the Cup...... What no hands!!!!!!

If true and proven they have to forfeit, surely a no brainer.

This story is getting zero traction anywhere. Whilst each news outlet had reports on it, they are not going 'Large' about this. The BBC have an article on it but it is not visible on their footbal pages accessed directly through BBC Football or BBC Sport mobile sites. If you search 'Liverpool ban EFL cup' a BBC report can be found but it's absence from the sports pages is highly suspicious. Almost as if someone had not wanted the report to be visible.

How odd ? Hmmmm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

I can just imagine the fuss if it were Evil City who fielded an ineligible player.....

Last edited:
This story is getting zero traction anywhere. Whilst each news outlet had reports on it, they are not going 'Large' about this. The BBC have an article on it but it is not visible on their footbal pages accessed directly through BBC Football or BBC Sport mobile sites. If you search 'Liverpool ban EFL cup' a BBC report can be found but it's absence from the sports pages is highly suspicious. Almost as if someone had not wanted the report to be visible.

How odd ? Hmmmm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

I can just imagine the fuss if it were Evil City who fielded an ineligible player.....

cries of 'Cheats' ringing from all quarters if it was City