Liverpool. Beatable. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Liverpool. Beatable.

Fuck me, how the hell did that happen? Stupid **** couldn't even finish it himself, had to be kicked off him. Cracking ball from Shelvey though but shit defending.

Well, long way to go, but considering our players compared to theirs you have to admire Rafas organisation, with Pardew, Carver, McClaren we'd be 4 down by now.

Christ we offer nothing as an attacking force, not alot we can do with that fat **** investing so little in the side, but Christ it's difficult to watch, they're dominating the middle so easily Yet somehow we're still it, ridiculous.

Well, that was a difficult watch. But, Heavens, did that defence look prepared. That's no bad thing to do. Well done, Rafa: hands tied by that awful twat Ashley, you have kept out that attack.

Just hope Klopp and his employers were blind to Jamaal...

Got to be ower the moon with a point there.
Defensively played well but the side's screaming out for a player to link the midfield to the lone striker,Perez is not that player & can't cut it as a number 10.
It needs to be sorted quickly or were going to struggle.I'd consider playing Ritchie just behind the striker & give Murphy a run of games on the wing.
Hopefully tubby will have sold the club by January & we can look forward to some serious investment.

Like the Spurs game, the plan that Rafa had, worked. If Shelvey had managed not to be sent off against Spurs then the result in that one would have been the same as today if not a nicked 1-0.

Knowing the sides limitations, the plan was spot on with very few chances created for them regardless of the possession stats as the shape of the side stayed solid throughout.

Allowing them the ball and to run at us on either flank, I think this was designed to tire them out and it seemed to work as Liverpool faded as the game went on.

Personally I thought Shelvey looked short of match fitness and looked off the pace so I was surprised to come home and see the reviews although his pass through to Joselu was top class and one that you thought Joselu couldn't miss as hard as he tried to though.

I also thought that Elliot's positioning for their goal was wrong as he got nowhere near it and it looked savable but overall there was no real stand out performers, just a real good solid team performance that makes you think we'll have enough to stay up.

Dont know who organised the half time penalty competition with the foreigners not understanding the meaning of getting off the pitch but it had the Sky and NUFC officials panicking a bit.

Harry's Boy - 1/10/2017 18:35

Just hope Klopp and his employers were blind to Jamaal...

Apparently there's still a couple of Forest supporters out there sniggering that we signed him. :19:

Quite frankly, Lascelles is shit. Easily pushed off the ball, can’t clear his lines and is woeful with the ball at his feet. A very average clogger who has had one or two ok games. Today was not one of them.

Thanks for the input, I think we'll all rely on Rafa's judgment to make a young, towering, dominant centre half club captain rather than the tea boy from Shields opinion :17:

And talk of him being called up for England also... rewards for having a decent start to a season I guess, mind I think the national team is short in decent centre halves.

He has been earmarked for bigger and better things throughout his career, same thing would apply for him at our club it would appear.

Perez and Manquillo were poor but it was a hard earned point. Clark made a couple of Villaesque mistakes so maybe time to draft Lejeune in who is comfortable on the ball.