Liverpool 0 Manchester City 0 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 3 | Vital Football

Liverpool 0 Manchester City 0 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

Mahrez had the nod from Pep to take the pen, so if Kun is not playing we need a top pen taker now that Yaya has move on, who should it be?

If it was Pep’s call for Mahrez to take the penalty in a bid to up the guy’s confidence it may have backfired

he wasn't the only culprit on that point of giving the ball away.

on a mute point, Is it ok to poke someone in the eye in the penalty area?

No you are right he wasn’t, I just thought that he was too often looking for the “Hollywood Pass” but didn’t execute it well enough. I know Pep likes wants his players to play with ‘courage’ and these can be devastating.....but against superior opposition your margin for error is even thinner than the already thin wafer in the PL. But Pep does want his players to try and it just didn’t come off yesterday.

No, I don’t think poking someone in the eye is ok & Lovren got away with his second offence there.

I heard the muppet delivering the sports bulletin on R5L this morning effectively bemoaning that there weren’t 8 goals an Ambushfield yesterday and that the game was a bit of a let down. He failed to accept that any pre-match hype was purely down to the media types or that you can still have a tense, enthralling match without any score.

Just watching MotD highlights .....

Early doors Mendy hesitates with a pass down the line to DS21, he takes an extra touch or two, the pass is blocked and Liverpool break which is when Mendy catches ‘Bobby’ (to use Martin Tyker’s affectionate term for him) Firmino.

and immediately two things I was reminded of.....the sort of decision making in Mendy’s passingthat was just slightly off yesterday and just how many times does Firmino need to roll around?

He wasn’t alone, Mané and Hendo (if we’re using their cozy nicknames let’s keep it going) likewise made exaggerated multiple rolls and pitch slaps as they suffered apparently life threatening injuries. What a bunch of deceptive cheating w*nkers.

Steve Bower (BBC MotD) describing the penalty decision....

“Van Dijk didn’t win the ball there. Sané keeps himself between the defender and the ball. Van Dijk is stretching and Sané falls, and Martin Atkinson sees that as a foul on the City player”

Clearly Mr Bower couldn’t bring himself to confirm it was a penalty but shades his description with a hint that Sané dived. Obviously doesn’t want to upset the powers that be or draw the approbation of all the scousers watching.:downer:

I take your view on Mendy and in your argument he did try that pss that was not on plus he lost the ball in dangerous positions. I thought Ferna got away with one, but he made it look like a pure accident, but clearly revenge for the boot given him by Mane who also got away with it.

Arguments abound clearly by Carragher who obviously biased and I do not hold that against him saying that Aguero was not touched when he went down in the area even though you can see the tap on the ankle.

The poke in the eye clearly an arm to either grip Gabby’s shirt or block him off.

The handball by Van handintheairdjik stuck up like a flag pole, despite the attentions of Ferna.

The Liverpool defence got away with a few things, which with a more braver referee they might not.

Finally as ESPN suggested City did not park the bus, simply because we had the major share of possession which is an indicator that the other team was more defensive, but also the fact that some of the media are trying to undermine Eddy in goals for the way he dealt with moving the ball out from the back, but Allison I thought was pressurised into making more errors than eddy hoofing the ball directly into touch when pressed on more than one occasion. And this game was far more exciting than Liverpool v Stretford when Maureen does bring the bus

Mark Chapman on MotD tried to suggest that City parked the bus but he was shot down by both Shearer an Jenas, they just described City as being more solid defensively and respecting Liverpool’s counter attacking capabilities.

Allison did hoof the ball into touch a few times which was mostly glossed over - I think they are desperate to big him up. I think the Chelsea keeper could play a major role this season but more for his shot stopping (pulled off some good ones yesterday) - don’t know about his distribution. Interesting how two season when Pep brought in Bravo amid much guffawing about the role of the keeper.............you don’t hear them mocking how important they are now that Liverpool and Chelsea have spent large.......

..you don’t hear them mocking how important they are now that Liverpool and Chelsea have spent large.......

No indeed when City hardly spent anything except on Mahez who will when the penny drops become a good player for City.

It would appear that the league may be decided in these top of the table challenges.

Milner looked knackered before the injury,,..frantic football... not his style.

like all good professionals, he will have been in top condition, not an ounce of fat and the way that City set their stall out was not to give Liverpool any gaps to exploit, especially James Milner who can be tricky at the best of times, but he had a hard tackle with Kyke (fair) and he was said to be holding his hamstring after that collision but tiredness was not an excuse even by Mr Klopp who I respect as a coach

Hey, welcome back Chips! You’ve been missed!
:clap:

Thanks.
winking0001.gif