Liverpool 0 Manchester City 0 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

Liverpool 0 Manchester City 0 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

Bellamy and Souness giving some unbiased comments at HT and pointing out Mane should have been booked for sticking a boot on Ferna and credited Ferna for not making a meal of it.

The excuses for Liverpool we’re coming thick and fast from Sky commentators and no credit at all for City. A good point away from home.

It was laughable when Tyler and Ratboy went on about the fact they played on Wednesday and a whole 2 (yes two) hours earlier......on top of the longer journey from Napoli. They were on a plane ffs, they didn’t walk back to Merseyside
:rolleyes:

Fair play to Souness and Bellamy for their comments about Mané - he was a foul cheating little p*ick with all his rolling around and that snide kick at Fernandinho

who got man of the match?

we were the better team and with VAR we might have got another couple of penalties.

Aymeric Laporte had his best game in a City shirt.

Leroy Sane is hampered by Mendy and should he play on the right with Mahez/Sterling moving over

Can you imagine the fuss that would have been made had Liverpool been missing their player of last season, Mo Salah?

No Salad, missed shots today that would have sailed last season, I don't hold with the fact that they played Napoli midweek, had 24 hours less to recover had half the travelling distance.

only 8 games in and you cannot write anyone in the top 6 out of it just yet.

BBC:

Among players to have taken at least 10 penalties in the Premier League, only Juan Pablo Angel (50%, 5/10) has a lower success rate than Riyad Mahrez (58%, 7/12).
Mahrez had the nod from Pep to take the pen, so if Kun is not playing we need a top pen taker now that Yaya has move on, who should it be?

My final point is if you miss a pen you don't deserve 3 points. Most of us would have taken the draw prior, so we are still top and have Red Kev coming back soon, so what's not to like!

who got man of the match?

we were the better team and with VAR we might have got another couple of penalties.

Aymeric Laporte had his best game in a City shirt.

Leroy Sane is hampered by Mendy and should he play on the right with Mahez/Sterling moving over
I think Leroy does fine on the left, it is Mendy who needs to discipline his runs better.

good point JK, yes they should work better together, but I think the team suffers when Leroy is on the bench for most of the game.

hindsight is a great thing, especially when Mahrez did not have his best game, not because of the penalty miss but his general overall play and sterling might have had better luck on the right.

In general I agree we do better with Sane on the left but I'd say what happened at Anfield last time out was playing on Pep's mind, it was Sané's lazy crossfield pass that led to their counter from which they opened the scoring and thereafter his decision making was poor when in great positions to score/assist.

I'd say that part influenced Pep's decision, I'd also say he wanted to take advantage of Liverpool's late heavy legs and who better to exploit that than a fresh Sané, which we saw with the penalty he won.

Mendy and Sané have hardly played together, give it time and they'll work it out, two fantastic players

Mendy frustrated me yesterday - he gave the ball away far more frequently than was helpful especially high up the pitch resulting in Liverpool being able to counter swiftly whilst he was out of position.