LiveLeak warning | Vital Football

LiveLeak warning

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
This was posted on my daughter newsfeed so I am passing it on: The settings will probably be different here.

Worth being mindful of as the more technology there is out today the more in the wrong hands information can get to those who are criminally minded
......................................................................................

WARNING!!!! If you take photos with your cell phone .
“Warning” If you, your kids or grand kids take pics from your phone—WATCH THIS!

This is truly alarming – please take the time to watch. At the end they’ll tell you how to set your phone so you don’t run this risk!

PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO TAKES PICTURES WITH THEIR CELL OR SMART PHONE AND POSTS THEM ONLINE.

I want everyone of you to watch this and then be sure to share with all your family and friends.

It’s REALLY important info, about what your posting things on your cell phones can do TO YOU!!!

Too much technology out there these days so beware………..

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, AND TAKE THE RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS

.............................................................................................

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6f9_1376448511

What exactly is it warning about Kefkat? That website has a dubious reputation so I would rather not click on the link.

About how scammers/paedo's and the like can get your details IE addresses and so on off pictures posted online,, uploaded from your mobile and how to stop it. Not hear about that re the website. As my Daughter posted it who lives in Canada so I presumed all was all O.K.

Apparently the answer is not only in settings to private but on your phone turning off gprs I think he said by your camera in the settings area. Don't know what that would come under in The U.K.

Didn't know if there was anything in it, hence I posted

Nothing to worry about...

Summary:
Firstly this is American fear mongering they love something like this over there keeps the population of idiots at bay...

Ok so basically they say when you take a pic of your kid and UPLOAD it to the interwebz peados and such can find where the kids home is and park/schools etc.
It seems as though the way to prevent this is to turn off public settings which you should have done already...

IMO if you upload a pic of your kid to facebook and think some peado cant find it then you'd be one of those people who would have parted ways with the world through natural selection early in life in the hunter gatherer days...

Thats the jist of it from my understanding...

Yes people are very trusting of sites like Facebook and post all sorts of Stuff without a bye or leave. I would say that unless you are happy for the whole world to have access to your images for the rest of time you shouldn't put them on that site. Another thing to consider when posting pictures of other people including your children on Facebook is their privacy. Too many people post anything they want without a thought.

You only know about this now? That's where technofear gets ya.

Green Villan - 8/1/2014 09:28

You only know about this now? That's where technofear gets ya.

I've never heard him call that before :14: