Live football in Cinemas? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Live football in Cinemas?

To be fair, the alternative was also a clown. Hobsons choice.
In this household the choice was summarised as " the clot v the clown" as the alternative leader in December was a thick as mince.

Back to to OP, stupid idea - if safe to go to a cinema, safe to go to a football ground with reduced capacity and appropriate measures for use of facilities.

You forgot the man that took the country to war on a lie that cost four hundred odd service men their lives and numerous others their mobility and left them with PTSD but for some reason was never charged with war crimes.

No problem condemning Blair. I'm on recird many times as stating he is, in my view, a war criminal. Along with Straw, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeldt.

But let's not forget the Tories were all for tge war, as well.

In this household the choice was summarised as " the clot v the clown" as the alternative leader in December was a thick as mince.

Back to to OP, stupid idea - if safe to go to a cinema, safe to go to a football ground with reduced capacity and appropriate measures for use of facilities.
Reckon you could have anybody there who feels happy and safe to go.
11,500 at a game in the bundesliga today, biggest crowd there since lockdown.

You forgot the man that took the country to war on a lie that cost four hundred odd service men their lives and numerous others their mobility and left them with PTSD but for some reason was never charged with war crimes.

And the 100,000 Iraqis who died. I'd quite like us to remember them, too.

No problem condemning Blair. I'm on recird many times as stating he is, in my view, a war criminal. Along with Straw, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeldt.

But let's not forget the Tories were all for tge war, as well.

I don’t want to get involved in a long argument as life is to short, but I thought the P.M. and his friends at the time put forward the so called evidence of weapons of mass destruction, for the House of Commons to vote on. ?

Is there supposed to be a virus test now being put into production that can deliver a positive or negative test in 15 minutes or so?
And at a very cheap cost?

If so, and it can be rolled out successfully, then maybe just maybe, a crowd of people arriving at a stadium could each go through such a test and then be allowed to proceed into the stadium if they get the all clear.

Perhaps a route to some kind of normality??

I don’t want to get involved in a long argument as life is to short, but I thought the P.M. and his friends at the time put forward the so called evidence of weapons of mass destruction, for the House of Commons to vote on. ?

Not sure what your point is? You think Tory war criminals are somehow innocent? It was obvious bullshit and they were gagging for it as much as Blair.

It was an obviously morally bankrupt war from the outset and any politician voting for it - from whatever party - is culpable, in my view.

Not sure what your point is? You think Tory war criminals are somehow innocent? It was obvious bullshit and they were gagging for it as much as Blair.

It was an obviously morally bankrupt war from the outset and any politician voting for it - from whatever party - is culpable, in my view.

Oh for the days of posts about food and drink on football threads

Where did I say anything about Tory war criminals being innocent or guilty?? Is what you are saying, that all the other M.P’s in the House of Commons knew what the P.M. said was a huge lie.

Where did I say anything about Tory war criminals being innocent or guilty?? Is what you are saying, that all the other M.P’s in the House of Commons knew what the P.M. said was a huge lie.

Yeah, I think at the very least many had doubts. But the "dodgy dossier" is just a detail, really. What they all should have known regardless is that it was a morally bankrupt war.

But they voted for it anyway.

But it isn't. It is bullshit.

If they can attend, why can't 2,500 at Lincoln? We're far better equipped for this.

Looking at football as whole at least some clubs are getting support . Bullshit ??? Id rather call it a start .

Last edited:
20 years ago the world laughed at Boris because he was a harmless fool

now they laugh at him because he is the worst prime minister we have ever had.

There is a little bit of competition that tends to get forgotten e.g.

Lord North (1770-1782) Picked a fight with some colonists across the Pond and lost America as well as uniting France, Spain and Holland against us.

Spencer Percival (1809-1812) Presided over political infighting, weak government and riots in the streets. Turned the state on hungry rioters and oppressed workers and ended up being the only British Prime Minister to be assassinated.

Arthur Balfour (1902-1905) In three years he lost control of his own party, lost an election, sacked colleagues almost monthly, and concluded by being the only sitting Prime Minister ever to lose his own seat in an election.

Honourable mentions to the Duke of Wellington, Anthony Eden, Ted Heath, Gordon Brown and Theresa May, but on balance I think Boris will go down in history as a the worst.

Looking at football as whole at least some clubs are getting support . Its a start .

It might be a start, but you are clearly missing the point.

For example, a few hundred and go and watch football at a ground that holds a few thousand, but a few thousand can't go and watch a game at a ground that holds say, 10,000?

I think I've already name-checked North. Interesting stuff about the others, though.

We could add Ramsay McDonald (1924, 1929-1935) who went from short stint as the first Labour Prime Minister, to facing a global economic downturn by abandoning the Labour Party to form a party of National unity only to lurch through economic catastrophe at home and fail to stem the rise of Hitler and the Nazi Germany arms machine.

It might be a start, but you are clearly missing the point.

For example, a few hundred and go and watch football at a ground that holds a few thousand, but a few thousand can't go and watch a game at a ground that holds say, 10,000?

I could say you are missing the point , but eh it's only a game and frankly life to short .And everyone's opinion should be respected . Agree to disagree