Live concerts/gigs | Page 10 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

Now, I don't even remember Shaggy being in the production!

Therefore, no help with guessing you, but I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and go for MH.
Spot on with MH. As Shaggy, all I had to say was "zikes" a couple of times in a sketch that barely lasted a few seconds. I was gutted to have missed my opportunity to have at least 2 seconds in the spotlight.

*shrug* when you call playing for a Sunday league side put together by your Dads work colleagues off their own back and paying for the kit themselves "tin pot" and told to stop playing for them, we are going to fall out. I got more coaching as a keeper there than Mr Reeves would ever have given me...
Sorry to hear that. I often wondered what had happened between you as I was aware there had been a fall out.
Back on musical matters? How did you and Knotty get to see Marillion at Nostell Priory? Did you go one of the buses that went or did you drive? I went on a bus along with Kev S. If you went by bus was you on that one? Great day out at the most informal concert I think I've ever been to?

Sorry to hear that. I often wondered what had happened between you as I was aware there had been a fall out.
Back on musical matters? How did you and Knotty get to see Marillion at Nostell Priory? Did you go one of the buses that went or did you drive? I went on a bus along with Kev S. If you went by bus was you on that one? Great day out at the most informal concert I think I've ever been to?

We drove down there...fantastic atmosphere, like stepping back in time...

Spot on with MH. As Shaggy, all I had to say was "zikes" a couple of times in a sketch that barely lasted a few seconds. I was gutted to have missed my opportunity to have at least 2 seconds in the spotlight.

In that case shared an economics class with Mr Vernon I suspect?

The Robeys connection gave it away as, of course, our dads both worked there. Plus the physical description. Perfect casting, I have to say, as Shaggy. 😁

In that case shared an economics class with Mr Vernon I suspect?
Was he the Economics Supply (no pun intended) Teacher we had for the 1980 Autumn Term? If it was all he taught me was that Budgie Seed included Cannabis seeds in its mix! He was a completely useless article otherwise.

The Robeys connection gave it away as, of course, our dads both worked there. Plus the physical description. Perfect casting, I have to say, as Shaggy. 😁
Cheeky young pup! Although you are right on all accounts. The hair is shorter and less easy to find these days, sadly.

The big question from all this, though, is when and how did you lose the ability to draw? :lol:
In Sincilbanks defence there is the possibility that I may have got certain of my facts wrong, after all we are going back a few decades now. However, he definitely wrote "& Don't Forget The Joker" underneath it.

Just had a YouTube evening in Sydney with Crowded House.
They are scheduled to play an open air gig in Scarborough, early June. The world being where it is, I just can't bring myself to buy tickets when there's every chance it may not happen.
I hope everyone behaves and we get this shit finished with soon, don't think I've gone a full year without a gig in my adult life. Sure many on here are the same.

Just had a YouTube evening in Sydney with Crowded House.
They are scheduled to play an open air gig in Scarborough, early June. The world being where it is, I just can't bring myself to buy tickets when there's every chance it may not happen.
I hope everyone behaves and we get this shit finished with soon, don't think I've gone a full year without a gig in my adult life. Sure many on here are the same.

Everyone isn't behaving. I know of people who are - albeit, in small ways - breaking the lock-down law.

The other elephant in the room is 10 million unvaccinated children and several hundred thousand unvaccinated teachers all going back to school at the same time in less than a week.

I certainly haven't, it used to be a great way for me to catch up with a good friend when we met up for gigs of (usually obscure) bands. I look forward to being able to do so again.