Live concerts/gigs | Page 8 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

Just had an email confirming that I can go to Hawkwind's Minifest at the end of August.

They were planning a full Hawkfest but postponed it until next year due to the virus.

They then announced that 200 ticket holders contact them would be invited, free of charge, to a minifest - all socially distanced of course.

I got in touch seeing if anything could be done for those of us who hadn't bought their Hawkfest tickets yet.

They then announced that they would look into allowing another 50 people to attend, at £50 a head. So I emailed and I'm one of those 50.

Get in!!!!!

Hawkwind, Tarantism, Blackheart Orchestra, EBB, Cybernetic Witch Cult and TOSH. In a field, playing outside, free camping, good company, lots of talking of nonsense (or shouting of?), all in Devon.

Absolutely chuffed!!

Come on you Hawks!!!!!!!!!! ©

Just had an email confirming that I can go to Hawkwind's Minifest at the end of August.

They were planning a full Hawkfest but postponed it until next year due to the virus.

They then announced that 200 ticket holders contact them would be invited, free of charge, to a minifest - all socially distanced of course.

I got in touch seeing if anything could be done for those of us who hadn't bought their Hawkfest tickets yet.

They then announced that they would look into allowing another 50 people to attend, at £50 a head. So I emailed and I'm one of those 50.

Get in!!!!!

Hawkwind, Tarantism, Blackheart Orchestra, EBB, Cybernetic Witch Cult and TOSH. In a field, playing outside, free camping, good company, lots of talking of nonsense (or shouting of?), all in Devon.

Absolutely chuffed!!

Come on you Hawks!!!!!!!!!! ©
Not quite the metal fest. I was due to see Go West at Holmfirth next month - postponed

Some cool pics from the Isle of Wight festival. 50 years ago, youngsters!

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...mi-hendrix-isle-of-wight-festival-in-pictures
Hawkwind and the Pink Fairies played outside the gate, in an inflatable marquee, in protest at the ticket price.

Jimi Hendrix mentioned Nik Turner during his act as "the cat with the silver face" and d, had he not passed shortly afterwards, there was rumoured to be some collaboration on the cards.

Exactly 40 years later, Hawkwind held their Hawkfest on the same site as part of their 40th anniversary. This year's Hawkfest was to be held to close their 50th anniversary appearances. Hence the desire on their part to hold a gathering of some sort - at a suitable distance of course...

Mrs E has just booked our first gig in a long while. The Killers are playing the Keepmoat in May. Gone for the cheap seats but still expensive. That’s what I call an impulse buy after a half bottle of wine :eek: Probably will get cancelled but at least we can look forward to it until it does:rolleyes:

Quick double check that it didn’t clash with any potential p/o match but safe in the knowledge Donny wouldn’t hire out the stadium if they were in it

Mrs E has just booked our first gig in a long while. The Killers are playing the Keepmoat in May. Gone for the cheap seats but still expensive. That’s what I call an impulse buy after a half bottle of wine :eek: Probably will get cancelled but at least we can look forward to it until it does:rolleyes:

We've just booked the 'Northern Kin' festival for next May. Hopefully will go ahead. We're staying in a local airbnb and driving in each day. I'd rather have root-canal work than camp.

We've just booked the 'Northern Kin' festival for next May. Hopefully will go ahead. We're staying in a local airbnb and driving in each day. I'd rather have root-canal work than camp.

Just booked a bog standard hotel room too so can make a night of it, walking distance from the stadium even though price has trebled for one night only. Supply and demand at its best! Hotels filling up fast. Agree with the camping. Not for me either

I`M also a massive fan of Jeff Beck but missed his 5 gigs at Ronnie Scott`s fuck knows how.
great outtake here 5 mins of real playing with feel?

Somehow missed this thread before...

Jeff Beck was the first proper gig I ever went to (on the Who Else! tour). I then saw him at Montreux a year later. He's on his own planet when it comes to extracting noises out of those 6 strings. Probably one reason why he's never been a commercial success (for better or worse).

This isn't a gig I've been to but rather one just announced by one of my favourite bands. The band is called ...And So I Watch You From Afar and the gig is to be a drive-in one, like the old drive-in cinemas, so of course, they've named it ...And So I Watch You From A Car. I'd go if it wasn't in Belfast!

Not a gig, but I watched Brian Johnson (no, not the cricket commentator!) and Dave Grohl in conversation on tv the other night.
I'd love to see either live.

100%! I like my creature comforts and a full English! :grinning:
Camping is great fun. Just need a bigger car to hold all the gear. 16 by 10 foot tent, airbeds, carpet, stove, fridge (gas), tables, chairs, cushions, windbreaks - right through to silver plated goblets...

Great fun hosting folk after the music stops each night.