Live concerts/gigs | Page 4 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

A surprisingly good live band I saw was The Eurythmics. My missus was a huge fan so I bought a couple of tickets for her birthday front row NEC. Never been into them myself but got to say was a really good gig

Their live album is pretty good.

Best band (and loudest) I ever saw live was AC/DC.
Saw them on the Back in Black tour which was Brian Johnsons first album with the band.
My ears were ringing for 3 days after the show!.
Best show I ever saw was Kiss.
Brilliant spectacle.

Saw them on the Back in Black tour which was Brian Johnsons first album with the band.
Brilliant spectacle.
I watch youtube clips of AC/DC in River Plate Argentina and think it must have been awesome!
Whole Lotta Rosie - we used to go the pub and wait for the DJ to play this every week.

Best live act i ever saw,and i saw quite a few in London as a youth, gotta be
THE WHO

CREATED SO MUCH TENSION AND ANTICIPATION IN THEIR MUSIC.
if you like them but never saw them live then this track linked sums them all up.
still got the vinyl.
hook your youtube link into the aux port on your amp,close the windows and play on a high setting.

Four Seasons, Four Tops, Peddlers, New Seekers, Clannad, Moody Blues, Blues Band, Three Degrees, Maggie Bell (later years), Climax Blues Band, Johnny Dankworth and Cleo Laine (and also separately their daughter Jacqui Dankworth), Stacey Kent, Jools Holland (with Sam Brown), Ruby Turner, Barbara Dixon, Terry Callier, Paul Carrack, Pete (not Peter) Frampton

Last edited:
I suspect there are a number of posters on here with a wide range of musical tastes, so to help to generate a few clicks I thought it may be interesting to explore what bands people have seen live. So I’ll start it off in no particular order.......
Bon Jovi ( 6 times, mainly stadiums), Queen (Magic tour), Status Quo, ZZ Top, Gary Moore, T’Pau, Magnum, Heart, Dire Straits, Savage Garden, Brian Adams, Level 42, Tina Turner, Def Leppard, Europe, Meatloaf, Top Loader, Kaiser Chiefs, Wet Wet Wet, Tom Jones.
Jules please feel free to move to off topic when required
Of those, I've seen Magnum - the Chase the Dragon tour, at Retford Porterhouse....

Seen the Enid at Sonic Rock Solstice, abiut 2014 I think. Lena Lovich played too...

Blimey! Robert Godfrey The Enid's composer has retired I think. In later years, they had a full band and even a small orchestra.

When I say them in the 80s it was Godfrey, his guitarist and reel-to-reel backing tapes. Proper proggers.

Hawkwind, BOC, Rush, Magnum, Runrig, Pink Fairies, Lena Lovich, Ruts DC, the Enid, Ozric Tentacles, Bootleg Beatles, Blockheads, Mama's Boys, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Here and Now that folk may know...

Less well known but rather marvellous Krankschaft, Poisoned Electrick Head, Roz Bruce Infusion, Tanglemist, Spirits of the Earth, Jesus Hooligan, the Deviants, Lloyd Langton Group, Flutatious, Captain Starfighter and the Lockheed's, Lastwind, Lucy's Drowning, Sista Suzi, Black Heart Orchestra, Evil Blizzard, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.....

And many, many more...

Brilliant spectacle.

Saw AC/DC at Wembley Arena (2003?), was almost deaf for a couple of days! Ah, happy memories.
The Stones at the Olympic stadium and Tom Petty at British Summer Time both exceedingly worthwhile.......down the front for both and great gigs.

Hawkwind, BOC, Rush, Magnum, Runrig, Pink Fairies, Lena Lovich, Ruts DC, the Enid, Ozric Tentacles, Bootleg Beatles, Blockheads, Mama's Boys, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Here and Now that folk may know...

Less well known but rather marvellous Krankschaft, Poisoned Electrick Head, Roz Bruce Infusion, Tanglemist, Spirits of the Earth, Jesus Hooligan, the Deviants, Lloyd Langton Group, Flutatious, Captain Starfighter and the Lockheed's, Lastwind, Lucy's Drowning, Sista Suzi, Black Heart Orchestra, Evil Blizzard, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.....

And many, many more...

I'm amazed you can function with the amount of drugs you must have taken listening to that lot. ;)

I'm amazed you can function with the amount of drugs you must have taken listening to that lot. ;)
Never so much as a spliff...

The vibe, music and friends is enough. A spot of alcohol and much talking of nonsense between bands and afterwards too of course. I'm known as "the straight that gets it" by Cosmic Andy of the Spiral Navigators.

Oh, and did I mention Dream Machine, Underground Zero, Litmus, Spaceseed and the Space Pirates....

Never so much as a spliff...

The vibe, music and friends is enough. A spot of alcohol and much talking of nonsense between bands and afterwards too of course. I'm known as "the straight that gets it" by Cosmic Andy of the Spiral Navigators.

Oh, and did I mention Dream Machine, Underground Zero, Litmus, Spaceseed and the Space Pirates....

Fair play. I can do some prog but my yen is always for the melody. Probably comes from having a short attention-span. The longest song I've ever written is about 4 1/2 minutes and I thought that was Wagner's Ring Cycle. :)

Fair play. I can do some prog but my yen is always for the melody. Probably comes from having a short attention-span. The longest song I've ever written is about 4 1/2 minutes and I thought that was Wagner's Ring Cycle. :)
Most are space rock rather than prog...

Think rock with synths, violins and sax through to punkish elements, speed rock and then pure synth passages too.

Oh, and didgeridoos.

And cow bells.