Live concerts/gigs | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

Eweimps

Vital 1st Team Regular
I suspect there are a number of posters on here with a wide range of musical tastes, so to help to generate a few clicks I thought it may be interesting to explore what bands people have seen live. So I’ll start it off in no particular order.......
Bon Jovi ( 6 times, mainly stadiums), Queen (Magic tour), Status Quo, ZZ Top, Gary Moore, T’Pau, Magnum, Heart, Dire Straits, Savage Garden, Brian Adams, Level 42, Tina Turner, Def Leppard, Europe, Meatloaf, Top Loader, Kaiser Chiefs, Wet Wet Wet, Tom Jones.
Jules please feel free to move to off topic when required

A couple who became better known under different names - guess the famous band.

Eddie Riff and the Toilets, from Rhyl - lived up their name but brought their mates so no-one had the courage to cut their set short. Highlight was the eponymous Mr Riff putting his foot through the stage which made things tricky for The Fall and The Buzzcocks who followed.

Warsaw, from Manchester. Significant timing earlier this week.

Love / Hate (the most stupidest band in the world) 5 times are my most regular but not since about 1995. Used to love going along to Rock City when in my early 20's. First band ever was Crazyhead at Vienna's in 1990. Also been to see The Mighty Quo a few times. Used to enjoy going to the fake festivals aswell

Marillion, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath (with Ian Gillan singing!), Gary Moore, BOC, Ozzy, Georgia Satellites (an amazing gig, they were unbelievable), did I see Dog's D'Amour with you Notty? I seem to remember I did? Pallas, Stranglers, Magnum, Phil Lynott's Grand Slam(!)

Marillion, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath (with Ian Gillan singing!), Gary Moore, BOC, Ozzy, Georgia Satellites (an amazing gig, they were unbelievable), did I see Dog's D'Amour with you Notty? I seem to remember I did? Pallas, Stranglers, Magnum, Phil Lynott's Grand Slam(!)

I’d forgotten about Marillion. Did you see Magnum at what is now the Ritz (spoons). I think they were the last live band to play there, also saw them at Sheffield City Hall....good venue, bar in the basement if I recall

If you did, it was at Rock City in Nottingham, mate.

Of yours, I've seen: Marillion, Blue Oyster Cult, Georgia Satellites (yep, totally excellent), Magnum (3 times, I think!) and Phil Lynott's Grand Slam. Sadly, the last one not long before he died.

A couple who became better known under different names - guess the famous band.

Eddie Riff and the Toilets, from Rhyl - lived up their name but brought their mates so no-one had the courage to cut their set short. Highlight was the eponymous Mr Riff putting his foot through the stage which made things tricky for The Fall and The Buzzcocks who followed.

Warsaw, from Manchester. Significant timing earlier this week.

The only Rhyl group I can think of is The Alarm. Not heard of them under any other name though

Anyone else on here go to see Big Country at the Ritz in 1986?
At a time when few named groups bothered with Lincoln it was quite a thing

Gigs that i have tickets for but have been cancelled/postponed since March have been Parlament/Funkadelic, Half Man Half Biscuit, DJ Yoda and it's looking like the Swans and Squarepusher too!

Just remembered Captain Sensible at Grafton Hose about 1996 ish? That was a fun gig. Fat lip from mosh pit.

Oh, talking of which, The Damned. With the ex-Godfathers guitarist who was pretty good, actually.

The only Rhyl group I can think of is The Alarm. Not heard of them under any other name though
Correct with both - never been an Alarm fan but a thread on here a few weeks ago got me thinking, did have to Google it though! The Toilets were dire, tbh Warsaw werent up to much though the singer had something, for both the rename was part of their change of direction, rest is history.

I’d forgotten about Marillion. Did you see Magnum at what is now the Ritz (spoons). I think they were the last live band to play there, also saw them at Sheffield City Hall....good venue, bar in the basement if I recall

I saw Magnum on what was supposed to be their last gig at Reading '83, along with Sabbath (and Gillan as lead singer), I also saw Marillion a ton of times around that period.