Lions in South Africa | Vital Football

Lions in South Africa

Two boys from my hometown were in the 23 on Saturday for the Lions, the full back Stuart Hogg and prop Rory Sutherland.
Two lads from a town with a population of 16,000, amazing!
My hometown is Hawick in the Scottish Borders, an absolute hotbed for rugby union players, the town has also produced over 60 internationals for the Scotland team.

Where's Chesh? 😁

aww did you miss me lol

yep , cant argue , pommies done well , cant say i watched it though . Warm evening ,sunshire , who in their right mind would watch sport indoors when such lovely weather out doors , even LCFC .

however lose to the British Lions , or beat the Pommies to win the WC in Rugby .

South Africa , World Champions sounds good dont it . Pommies bridesmaids sounds even better :LOL::LOL:

Not a fan of rugby union but have been watching the Lions game today. The Rugger Buggers love to get on their moral high horse about ‘respect’ for the referee, so what’s with the constant bitching and moaning in the ear of the ref in this match? Is this a new thing? To my untrained eye the ref in this game has been excellent.

Driven by the director of Rugby for South Africa in a 62 minute rant about nothing going their way last week.
Clearly worked as all the big calls went their, granted the lions were more like kittens in a terrible display.
Gatland will play with only English and Welsh players next week, the Scottish and Irish lads won't get a look in.
Proper dark arts stuff, not a game to win new fans

Not a fan of rugby union but have been watching the Lions game today. The Rugger Buggers love to get on their moral high horse about ‘respect’ for the referee, so what’s with the constant bitching and moaning in the ear of the ref in this match? Is this a new thing? To my untrained eye the ref in this game has been excellent.

Ah I see. I think the team with the upper hand in a match often seem to get the benefit of refereeing decisions. Only seemed one winner in the parts of the game I watched.